• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dynamic forces again???

6 posts in this topic

Just got one of their marketing glossies. I am totally confused about a number of things.. confused.gif

They are now selling CGC copies of their books for a fixed price but they don't tell you what grade you will get confused.gif

They are selling signed CGC'd books but they don't tell you what colour label you will get.. Now unless CGC are present when they are signed then the DF books would get the qualified label. Yet all the pictures only show blue label books.

I only read this flyer because of the recent thread on DF but who seriously would buy on the basis of the limited information that they are providing?

Power of full page ads in mighty Wizard can manipulate fanboys' minds. Manufactured ltd edition collectibles always sell well when promoted in the media. Creating value out of nothing is part of Capitalism. 893Rant-Smilie-thumb.gif

That could be a lousy and confusing oversight/laziness (for not providing a different picture) on their part, as I have purchased a CGC book signed (it was indeed a signature series labeled book, but their gimmick is that they include a COA stating that is one of so many copies, in fact the book I purchased is a 9.6 Sig Series Ultimates 1 signed by Mark Millar with a COA that says 22 of 49 copies signed for DF, BUT the front of the book is not numbered).

Manufactured ltd edition collectibles always sell well when promoted in the media.

Maybe...but have you actually seen DF promote their wares on QVC? Caught the end of their promotion last Friday on QVC UK and let me tell you.....Barucci(?) exhibits all the comics stereotypes perceived by the general public all rolled into one. Made the presentation hard to watch....

Jim

Yeah, Nick does seem to go overboard when hyping some of the books he is trying to sell you (especially when he makes one of those junk non DF/DF books you will receive in some of their lucky 21 lots seem like you, and only you, are being given the opportunity to buy the next AF 15).

Speaking of DF. Anyone check out their Daily Special tonight (their Magnificent Seven Package)? I will not admit to whether or not I purchased the package (it would just open me up to being called a sucker), but in my opinion...I thought tonights Mag Seven package was SUPERIOR compared to past Mag Seven daily specials.

Completely 893offtopic1.gif, but did anyone catch the movie commercials during the Survivor Finale? They previewed T3 (actually looks fun), 2 Fast 2 Furious (sp?), which looks ehh (unless The Fast and the Furious got you excited, then you probably cannot wait for this film to come out), Legally Blonde 2, which looks a bit cutesy, but worth a rental (rented the first LB, and enjoyed it), The Italian Job, which looks okay---could go either way for me (rental or see it in a theater), and finally The Hulk, which I think looks INCREDIBLE (I know, I know, opinions are all over the map on this one, but all I know is I will be their on opening weekend, and I might even get my mother to tag along, she enjoyed S-M, and thought X-2 was allright, certainly not a waste of her money).

Anyway, like I said---the above was way 893offtopic1.gif, but if anyone wants to comment that is cool. If not, that is cool too cool.gifsmile.giflaugh.gif