• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Black Hearted Dwarf banned

291 posts in this topic

Anyway, I'm up here trying to figure out why funtastic four was banned (I'd only seen him post a couple of times.) Was he another shill? What did he do?

The thread was pulled. Page after page of "your momma" jokes & masked profanity.

I missed another "yo momma" thread?!?!?! frustrated.gif Curse my need for sleep, food, and yo' momma! devil.gif

Major Illiterati - Are you saying for sure it was Bug? I've gone head to head with the buggy one a number of times and usually I know after a few posts it's him again. BHD was a whole lot more literate and funnier than any of the shillls for bug previously. I'm still not 100% convinced it was Bugaloo.

Although over the last couple of days he did start to sound more like Bug. confused-smiley-013.gif

I f there was one thing I would change about these boards it's the anonymity and shills. People being able to hide behind fake names in order to stir up trouble is the last thing this place needs.

Precisely. It's getting very tedious, and is also very disruptive.

Anyway, I'm up here trying to figure out why funtastic four was banned (I'd only seen him post a couple of times.) Was he another shill?

Yep, he was a shill for a banned user.

What did he do?

Childish insults and profanities, behaving as if he was approximately six years of age, etc. Do I really need to tell you? smirk.gif

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

I'm going to miss BHD. He did seem to work hard to point out shills and scammers. Maybe rubbed some people the wrong way at times, but did have some insightful comic knowledge.

I think I know who he was a shill for and if I'm right, his presence will still be around. I just wonder if he will be as tenacious 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Scheradon, I don't think BHD was who you thought he was. Bugaboo (BHD's original name) has been "banned" from this board more times than any of us care to count. He has virtually NO "insightful comic knowledge" as everything he says is a regurgitation of something he has read here on the boards.

I'm still not even sure that he collects comic books.

Regardless, he's been doing this (reappearing after banning) for close to three years now. His patterns are unmistakable, his speech undeniable, and his presence intolerable. He's a sociopath with hostility issues and I, for one, am glad he's gone. It was only a matter of time before he started threatening people via PM again.

Well, he went to great lengths and efforts to point out the eBay shills and scammers. I know, cause I did it independently as well and it took some effort.

When he wasn't stirring the pot, he did share enough insight about comics to make me believe he does own some and does know a little bit about them.

I'm not saying who I think he is shy.gif

i asked Arch if he could tell - via IP or whatever - if BHD was Bug, but he never got back to me with an answer. Donut asked him as well, not sure if he was given an answer or not.

confused-smiley-013.gif

oh well

I'm going to miss BHD. He did seem to work hard to point out shills and scammers. Maybe rubbed some people the wrong way at times, but did have some insightful comic knowledge.

I think I know who he was a shill for and if I'm right, his presence will still be around. I just wonder if he will be as tenacious 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

he merely poked sticks at the obvious ones...

Its not like he was actively pursuing any humanitarian or helpful agenda other than stirring the pot for his own amusement.

Its ironic to hear him being sadly lamented for being a good shill buster!!!

I can say this. He didn't jump on any bashing bandwagon's in the big scandel threads. He did out eBay scammers. He did confront and expose other shills on the forums.

Now he did occasionaly rub many people the wrong way, and many (not all but many) times it amused me too 893applaud-thumb.gif

Scheradon, I don't think BHD was who you thought he was. Bugaboo (BHD's original name) has been "banned" from this board more times than any of us care to count. He has virtually NO "insightful comic knowledge" as everything he says is a regurgitation of something he has read here on the boards.

Regardless, he's been doing this (reappearing after banning) for close to three years now. His patterns are unmistakable, his speech undeniable, and his presence intolerable. He's a sociopath with hostility issues and I, for one, am glad he's gone. It was only a matter of time before he started threatening people via PM again.

Well, he went to great lengths and efforts to point out the eBay shills and scammers. I know, cause I did it independently as well and it took some effort.

When he wasn't stirring the pot, he did share enough insight about comics to make me believe he does own some and does know a little bit about them.

I'm not saying who I think he is shy.gif

Dude, we go through this EVERY TIME Bug comes back and gets banned. People speculate, people insinuate that they "know" who the shill really was... and they're always wrong.

Leave it to the experienced.

(Besides, nobody recognized Bug initially when he came back last year as that "Phantom" character because he was striving to mute his natural behavior... unfortunately, he ultimately reverted to form, just like what we were starting to see here.)

thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Dude, we go through this EVERY TIME Bug comes back and gets banned. People speculate, people insinuate that they "know" who the shill really was... and they're always wrong.

(Besides, nobody recognized Bug initially when he came back last year as that "Phantom" character because he was striving to mute his natural behavior... unfortunately, he ultimately reverted to form, just like what we were starting to see here.)

I don't know who this Bug was, so I couldn't tell you if that was also BHD. I have someone else in mind. If I ask Arch will they tell me? I doubt it.

I don't know who this Bug was, so I couldn't tell you if that was also BHD. I have someone else in mind. If I ask Arch will they tell me? I doubt it.

frustrated.gif Yes. If you ask Arch they will tell you. They will also super-size your fries and drink for 49¢.

BHD was so obviously Bug, from his style of argument, to his sense of humor, to his tweaking of Joe Collector in his shill name (remember Bugaboo's avatar spoofing JC's Wolverine but with the pink 'fro pick?). What was missing this time around was the political diatribe, and BHD clearly avoided the Water Cooler to prolong his forum life. That's probably why some here were doubting it was really Bugaboo. But before he went off the deep end, the Bugaboo of 2002-2003 sounded a lot like the BHD of 2006.

Bug clearly was here for the social aspects much moreso than the collecting aspects. But I believe him that he's a collector of slabbed versions of his childhood beat-ta-hell readers. (Look up the threads started by Bugab00 or other variations for some of his OO cover scans.)

Edited to add... and by the way, Bug did have a certain wit. Remember Bug-as-Scarface's "A Few Good Trims" post?

frustrated.gif Yes. If you ask Arch they will tell you. They will also super-size your fries and drink for 49¢.

I've asked Arch, so I hope you're right (cause I'm really looking forward to that super-sized fries and drink).

I can say this. He didn't jump on any bashing bandwagon's in the big scandel threads.

screwy.gif Perhaps you were reading very different threads than I was reading. Not only did he jump on the bashing bandwagon in the Boy 17 thread, but after that, any post from me that didn't line up with his view of Heritage being the nexus of all evil automatically generated an abusive post.