• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

D.C.’s 52 Pages

495 posts in this topic

didnt Greggy already post all tyhese covers?

Also, what is the point of making a post like this? Reactions like this is what makes a person not want to post on here. If you are tired of seeing the same books then go to another thread. Otherwise, why do you feel the need to make comments that are not necessary and seem to be disrespectful?

Scott

disrespectful? seems just as disrespectful to Greggy who already posted all these cool covers. Posting them one more time serves hat purpose? Why are you so wounded by my simple question? I couldnt figure out why the need to repost them all.

its your time, spend it any way you want, I just dont understand the need to repeat what has already been done. And done well. 99% perfectly done, too. so carry on/

disrespectful? seems just as disrespectful to Greggy who already posted all these cool covers. Posting them one more time serves hat purpose? Why are you so wounded by my simple question? I couldnt figure out why the need to repost them all.

its your time, spend it any way you want, I just dont understand the need to repeat what has already been done. And done well. 99% perfectly done, too. so carry on/

Disrespectful to Greggy in that someone else posted some of the same books he already has? So I guess you think the Bronze Horror thread is full of disrespectful posters as the books over there are posted and re-posted by different owners. Your argument is lame and so are you. I am not wounded by your "simple" question and couldn't really care what you think of me or my redundant books.

news.gifnews.gifnews.gifnews.gifnews.gifnews.gifnews.gifnews.gif

THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED! NOONE ELSE IS ALLOWED TO POST

IN HERE AS IT HAS ALL BEEN SEEN BEFORE. NOTHING MORE TO SEE

HERE, LITERALLY. PLEASE MOVE ALONG! insane.gifgrin.gif

Scott

screwy.gif dude relax. don't think greggy would mind others posting book he already posted. plus i prefer big scans. thumbnails require extra work.

sorry fellas. sheesh, a little sensitive around here. I came to check out the cool books and had to wait while 60 large scans downloaded, and after the delay it was, ogh gee, I just saw all of these in one easy opening can! what gives?

so I dared mention it as a question.

ouch

Im going home so noone yells at me no more.

screwy.gif dude relax. don't think greggy would mind others posting book he already posted. plus i prefer big scans. thumbnails require extra work.

I agree that Greggy could care less who posts what (as long as they arent better than his copies!) But I was making th analogy based on the "disrespect" I apparently showed by posting my comment.

is no one else the least tiniest bit annoyed by the long download of post after post even on a T1 or DSL connection? With Greggys all in one post we can CHOOSE which we want to see larger.

Hey man....sorry I shared my books with you. From now on I will only share them with guys like Monstro and Shadow. I will start my post by stating "Hey Monstro and Shadow, look at my books. You are the only guys to look at them as they take awhile to load and you have more patience than others seem to have."

Will that disclaimer make you happier? Man, I hope you don't see duplicate books in the other threads Mr. Thread Sheriff.

Scott

I guess it would be the whole notion you have that noone can share something that has already been posted. Yes, Greggy posted all of the covers in thumbnails. I looked at those thumbnails, and not all of them are as nice as mine. A few of mine are the highest graded copies at this time. The thought that noone else can post something that has already been posted is ludicrous and totally defeats the purpose of what this entire board is about---sharing what you have and discussing what you have or want to have after seeing it in a another members post. Your initial response to me posting my books was not one of, "hey, nice books", "how long have you had those?"....."why do you like Kirby books so much?"......ect. ect. Instead, you were like "Why are you posting *spoon* we have seen before?" Your attitude defeats what the boards are about and degrade any sense of fellowship one might glean from them. Thankfully not everyone is as flip and negative about what someone else may be proud of.

I am done talking to you. This discussion is beneath me and with your attitude, so are you.

Scott

Can I post more? shy.gif

wh19077.jpg

Sorry nik....I just posted this one and mine is nicer......so I personally don't care to see it.

JUST KIDDING! Sweet copy of a Cardy cover I like alot. thumbsup2.gif

Scott

I guess it would be the whole notion you have that noone can share something that has already been posted. Yes, Greggy posted all of the covers in thumbnails. I looked at those thumbnails, and not all of them are as nice as mine. A few of mine are the highest graded copies at this time. The thought that noone else can post something that has already been posted is ludicrous and totally defeats the purpose of what this entire board is about---sharing what you have and discussing what you have or want to have after seeing it in a another members post. Your initial response to me posting my books was not one of, "hey, nice books", "how long have you had those?"....."why do you like Kirby books so much?"......ect. ect. Instead, you were like "Why are you posting *spoon* we have seen before?" Your attitude defeats what the boards are about and degrade any sense of fellowship one might glean from them. Thankfully not everyone is as flip and negative about what someone else may be proud of.

I am done talking to you. This discussion is beneath me and with your attitude, so are you.

Scott

I still think you are taking this way too seriously. and too personally. I never said any of the above, and never told anyone what they "can" post etc etc. But you win. post away. no more comments from me.

and, nice books!! Im glad they are better than Greggys. I never liked him anyway! acclaim.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

The horror thread went through the same stuff...reproducing covers vs "showing off" your recent acquisition or book you are stoked about. I no longer show books that have been shown, unless it's a top census copy...but I'm judicial on "cover reposts" since I am probably the primary (and lately-only) book poster in that thread. At the same time I urge those getting into those books to post 'em up. I want to share my passion for the genre with others, and personally have no problem with reposts of books from personal collections. That to me is what makes these boards so great.

From an etiquette standpoint keeping images down to a minimum size is probably a best practice. I usually target 80k or so. I noticed your image sizes (Wrightson Fan) was on average double or more of that number (160k). Resizing the image in mspaint (especially on some scanners that bloat the image file size like my HP scanner) will adjust it down significantly. Aman's comments about image file size is probably warranted...and simple steps can be done to limit download times while accurately displaying the image in question if you don't prefer thumbnails. The grading threads are probably the exception to this rule as large and detailed scans are preferred. And for the record, I checked greggy's scans before the thumbnails, and they were DOUBLE your image size (300k or more)...so go figure.

flowerred.gif