• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

D.C.’s 52 Pages

495 posts in this topic

Good points Sterling.

I usually only post a new book that hasn't been seen in a thread, a high grade book that we don't often see in grade, or re-post a book to demonstrate a technique that was used, theme, etc.

This 52-pager thread has been awesome so far.

Shep

Check greggy's thumbnail post several pages back....maybe I misunderstood b/c he said he had all but three...but I don't think all 315 have been posted.

Sounds like I'm arguing with myself. I'm dead tired.

I guess it’s just such an off the wall comment. It’s like going into a strip club and saying to a stripper, “hey do you think you should be taking your clothes off? That other girl just did!”

And the answer to that is………YES SHE SHOULD BE TAKING HER CLOTHES OFF!!!

Wait….what are we talking about?

I guess it’s just such an off the wall comment. It’s like going into a strip club and saying to a stripper, “hey do you think you should be taking your clothes off? That other girl just did!”

And the answer to that is………YES SHE SHOULD BE TAKING HER CLOTHES OFF!!!

Wait….what are we talking about?

A perfect, yet at the same time wrong-on-so-many-levels, analogy. thumbsup2.gif

And Sterling I agree with you... I like the 48/52 pagers better than the 100 pagers. Seems to be a better mix of material in them, at least from what I've seen from the Horror and War books.

As I continue to collected HG certified copy of Our Army at war War, I've had really good luck finding some of those issues (#236, #237, #243, and #244 have all come my way in 9.4) but man, I CANNOT find a slabbed 9.4 copy of Our Army at War #245. If any one ever sees one, please let me know.

The 48/52 page G.I. Combats in High Grade? They're vicious.

Shep

Also, the vast majority of the 100 pagers suffer from the split-panel cover layout frown.gif

I guess Infantino wanted to really hammer home the point that the customer was getting more stories for the extra 30 cents. makepoint.giftongue.gif

Thanks alot grider and Shadow. Slowly but surely I am working on the 4th World books. I have about 33 of the 55 issues, (Jimmy Olsen, Forever People, New Gods, Mister Miracle) but it has been fun looking for them. The New Gods is one of my favorite runs (1-11) and still need 6, 10 and 11 in 9.4 or better. One of these days.

Scott

The New Gods books have always seemed to be just off my Want List radar. I like them and remember reading the stories in the Dollar size Adventure comics of the late 70's. Those I have. But the main title never seemed to inch onto the list as an actual title I collect.

You should pick up the TPB of all 11 original series issues. The grey toning was done by a guy I used to know when I lived in Greensboro, NC. If you don't want to pick up the TPB, find an old beater of issue 7 with the story "The Pact". One of the best stories Kirby ever did in my opinion, and one of his personal favorites too. Darkseid came into his own with that issue.

Scott