• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So, who is gonna spend their entire tax refund...

64 posts in this topic

Tax refund?

I sure hope most of you are joking about getting a large refund?

Instead of giving the federales an interest free loan on your money all year,take an hour and figure out what you should be paying,not what they want you to pay.

I owe the g-men about $130,but had use of the money all year. Last year I ended up owing $18.

Bottom line-If you are getting a year-end refund,its because you paid too much each paycheck.

I spent my refund on comics last year, this year I plan to pay off a credit card bill or two. Unfortunately, I'm a little turned off to the back issue comics market lately. But I still love reading the things(thank goodness for reprints!).

Tax refund?

Instead of giving the federales an interest free loan on your money all year,take an hour and figure out what you should be paying,not what they want you to pay.

I owe the g-men about $130,but had use of the money all year. Last year I ended up owing $18.

Bottom line-If you are getting a year-end refund,its because you paid too much each paycheck.

I'm getting $6200 back this year because I switched jobs and my employer held back WAY too much. I claimed one, and my wife claimed zero all year. I too hate the idea of giving the government an interest free loan. Let's just say for 2006 I'm claiming three and she's going to change her status to one. foreheadslap.gif

Paying for vacation to Greece smile.gif

Will be there in August with the family smile.gif,

What part of Greece you going to?

August? You sure you want to? We were going to head there in August but we read that it is extremely hot and nasty. We are going in June now.

We will stay in Athens and travel around from there. I am not sure where yet.

Fahh, its only hot in the big cities like Athens poke2.gif

I have a home about 300 miles north of Athens, rent a car and travel it, some of the best beaches along that coast.

Tax refund?

Or in business for yourself and you hammer the write-offs?

Tax refund?

It depends on how well the average person can budget their money. By getting your extra pay throughout the year, you will certainly owe something. By claiming zero, yeah you give the government what is essentially an interest-free loan, but you'll also get all of that money back at the end of the year.

So, if you can budget yourself and save what you'd otherwise be "lending" to the government every month, all the more power to you. I know I'll never be that structured, so I'd rather claim single zero and get a hefty chunk of cash at the end of the year. confused-smiley-013.gif

We have a pretty sweet deal in this country. I'm proud to live here and to pay taxes and to make certain sacrifices to be able to live in this country. The fact that we're on these boards talking about buying comic books with surplus income says a lot .

We have a pretty sweet deal in this country. I'm proud to live here and to pay taxes and to make certain sacrifices to be able to live in this country. The fact that we're on these boards talking about buying comic books with surplus income says a lot .

I can only imagine what is like for people who are new to the U.S. coming from a third world type enviroment going shopping for the first time.

"So you are saying this is where the entire city buy's their food?"

"No, No, this is just our local Wal Mart. If you do not care for Wal Mart there is also a Target Superstore, Meijer, Sams Club, Costco, Kroger, Piggly Wiggly,and Marsh as well."

Ze-

Fahh, its only hot in the big cities like Athens poke2.gif

I have a home about 300 miles north of Athens, rent a car and travel it, some of the best beaches along that coast.

I've been to Crete once....very tourist-driven....It's like a Martha's Vineyard for the Med. -

hey, do you happen to sublet that house ? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif