• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NEW OVERSTREET OUT SOON- DO U THINK THE EWERT SCANDAL WILL BE REPORTED??

30 posts in this topic

since the story never made it off these boards, I doubt it. In the scheme of things, its just another crooked dealer. ho hum. CGCs 'involvement' in the story might be newsworthy, though. Except, as merely one of Ewerts 'tools' to scam higher prices, (trimming and pressing being the others) CGC's part is not the story. But I wish Overstreet would make a casual mention to the current uneasy state of things - -- a "trouble in paradise' kind of thing.

actually, come to think of it, Overstreet just MIGHT see a purpose in delivering the news that CGC is not all it seems. After all, CGC has gone a long way to make Overstreet obsolete!! Payback's a beeyitch.

Its funny because alot of those advisors a few years ago thought CGC was a stupid idea and were totally against it. Now that they have figured out ways to get around the system it is back to the good ole days.

Cgc is praying right now for all of this to go away.

You wont hear a peep folks.

Its funny because alot of those advisors a few years ago thought CGC was a stupid idea and were totally against it. Now that they have figured out ways to get around the system it is back to the good ole days.

Cgc is praying right now for all of this to go away.

You wont hear a peep folks.

sad but oh so true....

It didn't?? What about the detailed article co-written by myself and Foolkiler that appeared in GPA Newsletter (VOL 3 NO 10 October 2005)?

When I contacted George Pantela about the comic community's need/right to receive information about their options regarding the "You Wart" Scandal, he stepped up (since no other publication was able to report on the matter) and allowed us the opportunity to reach potential Ewert victims via the GPA Newsletter that goes out thousands of collectors.

There will be another segment in the next GPA Newsletter spotlighting the litigation again along with a "click and download" form for new litigants to fill out and forward to the 3 lawyers.

Send me your email and I'll forward the edition over for your reference. If you don't receive it, sign up to get it. There is worthwhile information and data in there.

since the story never made it off these boards

okay. Good. Im happy to stand corrected. my sense from reading here was that it was just us interested, colored on top of that by the comics media taking a pass at the story. I could question just how many more eyeballs read the GPA coverage since its a subscription only service (to which I subscribe)...

Overstreet being in the media category though will probably also take a pass. though, in th elong run, I think theyd be better served taking a stance now against CGCs obstinance in dealing with these "hiccups" in the master plan...

I hear ya' OG, but I'm not trying to "put down" the comic publications. Although I was hoping for something on that front, after I had a discussion with Tom Gordon and JC Vaughn about the issue and I understood their perspective from a legal standpoint.

....no other publication was able to report on the matter....

I'd change that to willing.

The thing to remember is that Overstreet is basically a guide for raw comics, not slabbed ones.

Although they have attempted to include a small section of slab prices, the printing schedule makes this virtually impossible to do. So probably anything that has to do with slabs may not make it into OS.

Tough question Tom... but fair.

The way I see it, the situation with Doug is not a scandal. It's more a controversy. Unlike 'You-Wart", there is no proof of any misconduct within the comic community, nor any defrauded customers to be alerted with vital information regarding their options. As far as Doug's disbarrment, my friendship aside, I don't believe that to be something that needs to be brought to the masses from a comic venue. Otherwise, I'd be asking George to turn the GPA into a a comic version of the National Enquire in terms of just looking for any dirt to report. With that, to be consistant, I'd have to report if any comic dealers had ever been involved with spousal abuse, had unpaid parking tickets, were ever caught with less than an ounce of weed, had verbally abused customers that asked them to take every display book down off the wall and not buy anything or if any ever exposed themselves to old ladies while dressed as the Flash. I understand if you disagree however.

Will there be a report on the "Doug Smells" scandal as well?