• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TOP 20 COVERS OF THE COPPER AGE!

394 posts in this topic

I'm a really big fan of ASM 300. McFarlane is easily one of my favorite. As a kid, I was also a BIG fan of Alan Davis' cover of Uncanny X-Men 213, so big props to pulling that one out!

I'm a really big fan of ASM 300. McFarlane is easily one of my favorite. As a kid, I was also a BIG fan of Alan Davis' cover of Uncanny X-Men 213, so big props to pulling that one out!
Thanks, 213 is an awesome cover cloud9.gif

Very interesting info on the Bolland pages. Truthfully, what I was talking about is whether or not the comic books with Bolland or Hughes covers would sell for a premium in the future, much like comic books with Adams & Wrightson covers have collectors that collect runs just for their cover art.

My guess would be, unless something important happens in the issue, not much more than their counterparts.

Everyone was bagging and boarding by this time. It's a shame, as the Bolland covers should command more money. But, the fact is, they are just too common. You can find 9.4+ copies easily.

Also, take a look at the The Killing Joke. Certainly an important book. I remember when it was selling for $25 for a first print. It's been reprinted so many times that you can pick it up for $8 max. That's despite the Bolland artwork. frown.gif

This is funny because I own a shop and I can sell Killing joke 1st prints for 20 to 25 any day of the week infact I am always looking for a cheap copy to sell in the store.