• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can someone get me 4 specific sketches at Wizard World Philadelphia? I´ll pay.

11 posts in this topic

Hello,

a guy at another forum offered to bring me a Josh Middleton sketch from the convention in Philly. I would send him my sketchbook and have Josh do a sketch into it. Now there are also 3 other of my 10 favorite artists present at that convention, which are Frank Cho, Kaare Andrews and Alex Maleev.

I offered him to pay $10 per sketch for him standing in line plus the actual sketch costs but he said he is there only one day and can just get a J. Middleton sketch for me.

Now if someone else of you wants to help reinstate the former good relations of Germany and the USA wink.gif and is going to be at the convention in Philadelphia anyways I would very much appreciate if he would get me sketches into my book. As I said I pay $10 for the waiting and eventually more if it takes very long (plus the shipping of the sketchbook of course)

Thank you,

Jens

Hello again,

I just saw that a few of you already decided they meet at the convention and I saw that Gene aka delekkerste is also there.

Since he seems to be into original art the most he would be my first pick (any other would do also though)... GENE PLEASE DO IT FOR ME. I WILL BE FOREVER THANKFUL! I WILL DO ANYTHING FOR YOU !!!

GENE PLEASE DO IT FOR ME. I WILL BE FOREVER THANKFUL! I WILL DO ANYTHING FOR YOU !!!

Hey Jens,

I'm a Maleev fan and want to get a sketch from him too, but I probably won't even try at Wizard World East...it's probably going to be very crowded and I don't want to spend too much time queuing in line, especially since there are other artists who are not from the NYC area that I will be seeking out. Plus, even though I'm planning to arrive in Philly on Friday, I probably will only go to the show on Saturday and will be hanging out with friends in the area the rest of the weekend.

If you don't find someone to get you a sketch in Philly, though, we can try to work something out the next time Maleev does a NYC show (he was at the one last week). His going rate was $50 for a headshot and $100 for a full-body sketch, though sometimes artists jack up their rates for the national cons. Or, if Maleev is less busy in Philly than I think he will be, I can try to get you a sketch on bristol board and then ship it to you, but I would rather not take on the responsibility of getting and safeguarding your sketchbook this time around when it's not likely I'll have the time to seek out Maleev at the Philly con.

Gene

Hello,

a guy at another forum offered to bring me a Josh Middleton sketch from the convention in Philly. I would send him my sketchbook and have Josh do a sketch into it. Now there are also 3 other of my 10 favorite artists present at that convention, which are Frank Cho, Kaare Andrews and Alex Maleev.

I offered him to pay $10 per sketch for him standing in line plus the actual sketch costs but he said he is there only one day and can just get a J. Middleton sketch for me.

Now if someone else of you wants to help reinstate the former good relations of Germany and the USA wink.gif and is going to be at the convention in Philadelphia anyways I would very much appreciate if he would get me sketches into my book. As I said I pay $10 for the waiting and eventually more if it takes very long (plus the shipping of the sketchbook of course)

Thank you,

Jens

Frank Cho charges $50 per sketch and will NOT sketch women.

I'm not going to be there, but I'm fascinated with Maleev. I have SO many questions I'm curious about...anyone have any interviews? I'm not even sure what he looks like.

How much of his art is done by computer graphics generation, and how much is hand-drawn?

What music does he listen to while he draws?

Which artists (in comics) does he cite as inspirations?

Etc...

When I was at the Pittsburgh show waiting in line to get my hardcover signed, some guy who flew in from Holland showed up begging Frank to do him a sketch of Brandy - he said he came just to meet Frank Cho - so Frank did the most BEAUTIFUL full figure Brandy ink sketch I've seen for him - for Free!

Amazing. The guy was literally weeping with joy he was so happy.

He was doing some free sketches of the LM characters (little more than doodles of the animal characters, No women). Your best bet is to catch him when he's in a good mood and not to busy.

Kev

Alright. I will stick with Chris from the com.x forum and just get a Joshua Middleton sketch for now and attend another convention myself next year and see what I can achieve. I would have wanted a Brandy with Truman sketch (probably double price for 2 figures then) but I can imagine that Frank Cho would do a female sketch in form of Cavewoman which he is probably less asked for than Brandy (though they both look quite similar).

Alex Maleev gave an interview on a site which name I forgot but after reading that I always said I like Maleev´s art and I didnt say I like Maleev. smile.gif

Too bad that artistic heroes often tend to be little Primadonnas, but we have a guy here at college who drew a comic strip for the same college magazine that Frank Cho drew his University² for and he said that Frank is "not a very nice guy". Maleev seems to be quite cynical but his art is pretty nonetheless. Anyways, John van Fleet I can just recommend. He answered every email within one day, and he was always very polite and friendly.

Jens

that Frank Cho drew his University²

That would be the University of Maryland, bay-bee! Go Terps! grin.gif

He drew LM the same time I attended the school.

Chris

Yes, that is true. The University of Maryland. The guy who did not like him is called Gabe Shalom. His strip is/was called "Lupus Levine", written very nicely but I take the art over the writing most often and that is not his strength.