• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Suspense Comics

63 posts in this topic

http://cgi.ebay.com/Suspense-Comics-4-19...1QQcmdZViewItem

All 14. I noticed the seller wants people who use paypal to pay the 3 percent. I think he should just not accept paypal at all if he's not going to play by the rules. Maybe he should ask people to pay the ebay fees. maybe everyone on ebay should charge buyers 3% to use pay pal. All that aside that number 4 is awesome!

"All in all, the extent of the work is fairly minimal, and does not affect the cover images. It grades out at a nice apparent Fine, or what is known on Ebay as a 9.8."

27_laughing.gif

Not just that bit. Every word of his descriptions is a pleasure to read! Does anyone know this guy?

I like this bit from the description of #3:

"No. 3 is a Gerber 9, meaning that Ernie Gerber estimated only 6 to 10 copies remained in existence. After his Photo-Journals popularized the book, there was a mad rush to scour the earth to find additional copies. In reality, there are probably about three dozen or so in existence..."

27_laughing.gifhail.gif

You can tell from the description that this guy loved these books and revered them for their quality and not just their rarity. I wonder how tough it is for him to sell them.

Looks like the #3, #4 and #8 were pulled but the rest of the run are still up. Maybe an offer he couldn't refuse? confused-smiley-013.gif

25% Less Suspense tongue.gif

My eyes bugged out when I saw all these listed last night. This is just an impossible run to have accumulated. I have a nice-looking #10, and it's one of my favorite GA covers with just electric colors...but in terms of the run, it's one of the easier ones to find. I've wanted an #11 since the beginning of time...will keep an eye on it, but I'm sure it will finish out of my price range.

Wow, he pulled the best books in the lot!?!? foreheadslap.gif

They were ebay deletions. Payment surcharge. 893naughty-thumb.gif

So they haven't gotten around to the rest of his auctions? confused-smiley-013.gif

Someone would need to report them individually. If they get reported, the get pulled. eBay, not surprisingly, HATES payment surcharges.

Looks like the #3, #4 and #8 were pulled but the rest of the run are still up. Maybe an offer he couldn't refuse? confused-smiley-013.gif

My eyes bugged out when I saw all these listed last night. This is just an impossible run to have accumulated. I have a nice-looking #10, and it's one of my favorite GA covers with just electric colors...but in terms of the run, it's one of the easier ones to find. I've wanted an #11 since the beginning of time...will keep an eye on it, but I'm sure it will finish out of my price range.

it seems way too coincidental that the two rarest books and the highest graded copy of another were the only 3 pulled for the "paypal" issue.

dollars to donuts that someone with cash contacted him with a sweet offer on those 3 babies........................ devil.gif

i didn't even get a chance to see them............ frown.gif

it seems way too coincidental that the two rarest books and the highest graded copy of another were the only 3 pulled for the "paypal" issue.

dollars to donuts that someone with cash contacted him with a sweet offer on those 3 babies........................ devil.gif

i didn't even get a chance to see them............ frown.gif

If a user pulls their own auctions, they still show up with the "The Seller ended the listing early because..." text. These were pulled by ebay- Invalid Auction #s. Users can't do that on their own.

Is it possible someone anonymously wanted those 3 babies pulled and only ratted out those three, and is now privately making an offer to a desparate seller?