• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Signature Thread
9 9

7,957 posts in this topic

I haven't read this whole thread, I've just looked at the pretty pictures. But what does everyone consider to be a good enough grade for their signed books? Well, considering moderns anyway. I've noticed some 9.4s and .6s and .8s. Anyone have a minimum?

Those are some nice books jon where did you get them.

I know this guy, you might know him? He is the best SS witness in the world and acts like the Flash, in fact his nickname (given by me acclaim.gif) is the Flash!

Kris, you are 1 in a million my friend!!!!!!

(thecollector had these done for me...in case you didn't know! hail.gif)

I haven't read this whole thread, I've just looked at the pretty pictures. But what does everyone consider to be a good enough grade for their signed books? Well, considering moderns anyway. I've noticed some 9.4s and .6s and .8s. Anyone have a minimum?

I wouldnt want anything lower than a 9.4 in a modern. 9.6 or 9.8 would be what I really want.

No minimum. yay.gif

To me, I like to have a high grade, but I can live with a 9.4 or a 9.6, especially if I am buying them on ebay.

There are some really good sellers that put a lot of books through SS process so odds are they are going to get some really high grades, but end up with some 9.4-9.6 grades also. Just law of averages with submitting books.

Bottom line, and I think the others in this thread would agree. If the book looks nice to you and you would love to have it signed, that is all that really matter! Join the club James! We are getting jackets... insane.gif

Those are some nice books jon where did you get them.

I know this guy, you might know him? He is the best SS witness in the world and acts like the Flash, in fact his nickname (given by me acclaim.gif) is the Flash!

Kris, you are 1 in a million my friend!!!!!!

(thecollector had these done for me...in case you didn't know! hail.gif)

Kris is a great guy. He is the one responsible for my first two books.

No minimum. yay.gif

acclaim.gif we just like people to scribble on our comics! (even on the inside for some of us... yeahok.gif)

No minimum. yay.gif

Even on a modern?

No minimum. yay.gif

Even on a modern?

I think the bottom line is you should be able with a modern to tell if it is a 9.4 or better. If you see something wrong with it, dont submit it. Lets say for example the New Spider-Man costume that Chris had done. If there are hundreds to choose from and you know that eventually you are going to get a book signed, grab the best copy you can and set it aside. Sometimes playing catch up looking for a book leads to trouble as in looking through back issue bins, ebay etc. Best to grab it fresh and hold! confused-smiley-013.gif

What I enjoy most about Signature Series books are the stories behind the signings themselves. It could be as simple as being first in line for a creator (who will remain nameless) who showed up "drunk as a skunk". Every so often, my friends who were with me that day, would remind me about that shocked look I had on my face. Another time was when I was walking by the Artisan booth and noticed that Rebecca Romijn-Stamos was signing autographs, unannounced. I sprinted to the CGC booth to get my copy of Mystique #1, sprinted back to Artisan, and ended up second last in line before they cut it off. Meeting the cast of Sin City (Jaime King, Jessica Alba, Frank Miller, Robert Rodrigues, Rosario Dawson) was cool, except for all the crazies trying to get close to Jessica Alba. Meeting Kevin Smith, however umteenth time, has always been a positive experience. Whenever he's asked to only sign two items per person, his reply is consistently, "F--- that! If the people are willing to line up for me, I'll sign everything they have with them." Of course, he stays beyond his scheduled autograph session to ensure that everyone gets done.

I want my jacket to be red and say yhe flash in yellow. Can you make that possible jon.

Mine should be black with the Batman symbol on the back. Yeah that would be sweet.

Mine should be down-filled and fur-lined for the cold Saskatchewan winter. crazy.gif