• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JUSTICE #3--Who else loves this series?

22 posts in this topic

Just got my copy of the DF #1 (villians cover) that's signed by Alex Ross along with my copy of #3. Just had to say this is a great series. The art is superb (what do you expect, its Alex Ross!) and the writing is just simply fantastic. The villians come off as the truly evil people they are suppose to be. Look at Brainiac as his about to carve into Aquaman...just gives ya goose bumps. And how about Gorilla Grodd...wow. I love the Joker in this where he's yelling at the Riddler, "You know I only stay here (Arkham) as long as I think its funny. It's not funny anymore." Never really thought of it that way. That Joker would enjoy going back to Arkham and that he knows he can get out anytime he feels like it. I think this is one of the best series out there now.

Just got my copy of the DF #1 (villians cover) that's signed by Alex Ross along with my copy of #3. Just had to say this is a great series. The art is superb (what do you expect, its Alex Ross!) and the writing is just simply fantastic. The villians come off as the truly evil people they are suppose to be. Look at Brainiac as his about to carve into Aquaman...just gives ya goose bumps. And how about Gorilla Grodd...wow. I love the Joker in this where he's yelling at the Riddler, "You know I only stay here (Arkham) as long as I think its funny. It's not funny anymore." Never really thought of it that way. That Joker would enjoy going back to Arkham and that he knows he can get out anytime he feels like it. I think this is one of the best series out there now.

thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

It's a great series and the art is fantastic.

I'm just a bit tainted toward Alex Ross since reading Wizard in the last year. I'll always believe his artwork is leagues above most. But he's not someone I'd love to sit down and have a conversation with.

Pat

I'm just a bit tainted toward Alex Ross since reading Wizard in the last year. I'll always believe his artwork is leagues above most. But he's not someone I'd love to sit down and have a conversation with.

Pat

Oh? I didn't read that article. What was up? I've seen other interviews and he seemed to be an okay guy. That was awhile back though. He may have gotten a swelled head by then. Hopefully not as bad as Todd McFarlane though.

Nothing horrible. More along the lines of being way too opininated and I highly do not agree with his opinions. I'm just afraid that some sheepish people hold him in such high esteem that they can't formulate an opinion opposing his.

I found it insanely idiotic that he believes Spider-man 2 is one of the worst comic movies ever produced. Has he seen some of these other comic movies? I mean, come on. It was a very well done movie (especially for a sequel).

I did love his Vampire Bush painting though.

Specific to Justice, it was listed as having one of the cheesiest lines. When I first read the issue, I didn't even think twice about it. But I re-read it and it was pretty cheesey (where Superman saves Lois from the firewall that's consuming people in the streets of Metropolis). A little dialogue between them with some humor from the 1920's.

Pat

Specific to Justice, it was listed as having one of the cheesiest lines. When I first read the issue, I didn't even think twice about it. But I re-read it and it was pretty cheesey (where Superman saves Lois from the firewall that's consuming people in the streets of Metropolis). A little dialogue between them with some humor from the 1920's.

Maybe you just need to grow up with some parents who grew up in the 20's and early 30's, then it all sounds just about right! insane.gif

Keep in mind, the cheesey comment was identified by Wizard. I didn't even think twice about it when I was reading it (hey, it's comics. Cheese is expected). Just thought it was interesting to go back and see how cheddar it really was (for a book that's, overall, pretty serious in tone).

Pat

Can anyone show me all the covers & printings to the various issues. I want to pick this up but be sure i get the right book.

Been a huge fan of Ross since 94 with Marvels and through to Kingdom Come and Uncle Sam but recently he released those "tripple X" titles (Earth, Universe, Paradise) which didn't appeal at all. I heard about this book just yesterday and it sounds great.

Earth X was cool and a fun read. The other two were money decisions that made it go on for far too long. I just loved the Punisher version in Earth X.

Pat

Did he actually paint that or just do the covers and character designs?

Just covers and character designs

Pat

I"m sure i'll get flamed for this, but i prefer Greg Horn's stuff (covers) over Ross. It's a good series, but it's basically a collection of super hero paintings thrown together and called a comic book. confused-smiley-013.gif

Pat

I"m sure i'll get flamed for this, but i prefer Greg Horn's stuff (covers) over Ross. It's a good series, but it's basically a collection of super hero paintings thrown together and called a comic book. confused-smiley-013.gif

I have yet to be impressed with Alex Ross' work. The characters he depicts are meant to be so dynamic... yet he reduces them to the comic equivalent of a still life.

(I see a bit of the same in Horn, but his craft is far superior.)

Pat

Im familiar with Greg's cover art but what interior work has he done?

Earth X was cool and a fun read. The other two were money decisions that made it go on for far too long. I just loved the Punisher version in Earth X.

Pat

Have to agree. The Earth X idea was pretty darn good. But they continued with the other series and it just got more and more confusing. Too much of the Pre-history of the Marvel Universe. Yeah, I really liked the Punisher and the new Red Skull in Earth X.

Pat

Im familiar with Greg's cover art but what interior work has he done?

His work on "Sojourn" for CrossGen was quite good.