• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic finds in unexpected places

68 posts in this topic

I do know back in the early '70's when my cousins read comics.....right around the time Conan 1 came out, their dad .... when renovating the house...drywalled the ceiling with all the comics still up there. (There used to be a bedroom up there)

They were after all junk, no? frown.gif

And yes...they are still there. Christo_pull_hair.gif

However, if it's any consolation....I do remember them as being well-read, and I am also wondering what 30 years in an attic would do to the paper quality. crazy.gif

Not a comic book, but in an area that was boarded up above my basement stairwell we found an old poster size advertisement (I think it was one company...undertaker, pharmacy, dry goods, and clothing all in 1 store. It also included a small 12 month calander glued to the bottom corner, as some kinda promo I suppose.

It is from around 1925. The thing that struck me was how nice the paper was ,even though it was just stuck between two stair risers rolled up for god knows how long, and the calander part was deep inside the roll. It is still almost bone white.

We also found an old newspaper from 1916, brown but intact.(that we framed and is in my wifes office , since she runs the same paper, present day)

I left it there, 6 years ago, just now thought of it when I read this thread.

Ze-