• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Flying Donut is the coolest guy ever! Well, he and Darthdiesel...

60 posts in this topic

The way I understand it, FlyingDonut found the book and bought it at a comic convention. He PM'd me asking me if I wanted it, because he knew it was the last one for my website I needed.

Tell me this Vince, and be honest. Would you swear to God that FlyingDonut told you that I was going to scan it and sell it to you for cost? I mean who else could you possibly have talked to about the book?

Waiting patiently for your response, old friend.

There's a lot here that the rest don't know about Shawn

He's a member of the Worthington mafia, isn't he? I knew it. La Cosa Worthington.

You guys need to chill. This is like a Ian vs Metro "wheels are in motion" moment your having.

I'm so glad I'm not a completionist. It does things to people.

Hope things work out. flowerred.gif

There's a lot here that the rest don't know about Shawn

He's a member of the Worthington mafia, isn't he? I knew it. La Cosa Worthington.

You guys need to chill. This is like a Ian vs Metro "wheels are in motion" moment your having.

I'm so glad I'm not a completionist. It does things to people.

Hope things work out. flowerred.gif

I am chill. I'm just teasing him a bit because I have something he wants. I've known him long enough to know how to push his buttons.

We're seriously mostly just joking around. Vince is a great guy, but he hates any type of authority. All I want to do is get a "Please"? out of him. Then I MIGHT consider selling him his book. It's killing him right now. insane.gif

I ought to just send Shield his money back, put it on eBay and see what the end price will be. poke2.gif Seriously, boys, stop the bickering, or at least take it to PM. Everybody can be happy with a little bit of compromise.

I ought to just send Shield his money back, put it on eBay and see what the end price will be. poke2.gif Seriously, boys, stop the bickering, or at least take it to PM. Everybody can be happy with a little bit of compromise.

And, this is my last post in this thread! FD is right, let's stop bickering.

FD, I'll let you know once it arrives...

The way I understand it, FlyingDonut found the book and bought it at a comic convention. He PM'd me asking me if I wanted it, because he knew it was the last one for my website I needed.

Tell me this Vince, and be honest. Would you swear to God that FlyingDonut told you that I was going to scan it and sell it to you for cost? I mean who else could you possibly have talked to about the book?

I never said FD told me Shawn, someone else who was at the convention said that is what they heard. I won't reveal who said this because I think they were trying to be helpfull and doing me a favor(I hope this is the case and not a set up), if they want to step forward that would be fine. It was my understanding that this was what happened, if I'm wrong, sorry. To bring this to a conclusion, because the stress is getting to me, if you don't want to sell me the book, that's fine. Those other books you mentioned are no longer for sale. So once again all the best Shawn.

Quote:

Oops, I was wrong. I guess I misunderstood. I had heard that the book was going to Shawn to be scanned and then sold to me for the same price. But Shawn says that's not the case now and wants me to make him offer he can't refuse in trade and I'm pretty sure a realistic deal will be hard to come by. Oh well I'm sure there's another one out there for waiting for me somewhere. Let me know if anyone comes up with one. That was still a great find by FD that's for sure.

Where'd you hear that anyway Vince?

He located and sold a Top-Notch Laugh Comics #35 for me! This is the last one I need scanned for my website!

Thanks so much!

Shawn flowerred.gif

confused-smiley-013.gifpopcorn.gif

By the way Shawn FD pm'd me and said he had a lot of wine in him but he probably said that at the dinner. I knew my source from there was accurate. Just tying up loose ends, I don't want anyone to think I was making this stuff up.

By the way Shawn FD pm'd me and said he had a lot of wine in him but he probably said that at the dinner. I knew my source from there was accurate. Just tying up loose ends, I don't want anyone to think I was making this stuff up.

I probably did. foreheadslap.gif Lots of wine. A four Tylenol headache the next morning.

Hi guys,

Hope I can smooth out any hurt feelings here.

#1 I did not know that it was the last one Shawn needed to scan for the website.

#2 I obviously do know that it's the last book Vince needs, the king of the non-grail grails to him or whatever you want to call it.

#3 I was thrilled to see it in Donuts hands at the show and assumed it was going to Black Hand.

#4 I later saw FD's post saying he doesn't want to be a about it since he knows multiple people need it and he would let them work it out among themselves.

#5 I figured that meant it would be worked out in some fair manner or at least discussed for a bit.

#6 At the dinner I did ask Dan who was getting it and he laid out the plan of sending it to Shawn and then he'd scan it, say he owned it for a week, then help out his good buddy Vince. I may have assumed that he would then sell it to Vince for cost or I may have gotten that implication wrong. So I thought it might be some kind of game where Shawn teases his buddy for a week and then surprises him with the book.

I've never worked so hard as I have the past five days so I haven't been able to keep up with any threads or even think clearly about it. But at least lets give Vince credit for always being a stand-up guy that wouldn't make up stories.

Marc

Hi guys,

#1 I did not know that it was the last one Shawn needed to scan for the website.

#2 I obviously do know that it's the last book Vince needs, the king of the non-grail grails to him or whatever you want to call it.

#3 I was thrilled to see it in Donuts hands at the show and assumed it was going to Black Hand.

#4 I later saw FD's post saying he doesn't want to be a about it since he knows multiple people need it and he would let them work it out among themselves.

#5 I figured that meant it would be worked out in some fair manner or at least discussed for a bit.

#6 At the dinner I did ask Dan who was getting it and he laid out the plan of sending it to Shawn and then he'd scan it, say he owned it for a week, then help out his good buddy Vince. I may have assumed that he would then sell it to Vince for cost or I may have gotten that implication wrong. So I thought it might be some kind of game where Shawn teases his buddy for a week and then surprises him with the book.

I've never worked so hard as I have the past five days so I haven't been able to keep up with any threads or even think clearly about it. But at least lets give Vince credit for always being a stand-up guy that wouldn't make up stories.

Marc

Oh, no feelings are hurt. Vince and I have been friends for over 5 years. I haven't decided what I'm going to do with the book, but keep in mind I did send that Buzzy 70 to IAN for free, and at that time it was one of 7 left he needed. I appreciate you coming on here and saying this though - most of this isn't deep felt emotion between the two of us. At least for me. flowerred.gif to all!

Hi guys,

Marc

Oh, no feelings are hurt. Vince and I have been friends for over 5 years. I haven't decided what I'm going to do with the book, but keep in mind I did send that Buzzy 70 to IAN for free, and at that time it was one of 7 left he needed. I appreciate you coming on here and saying this though - most of this isn't deep felt emotion between the two of us. At least for me. flowerred.gif to all!

My fault for speaking while loaded. Mrs. Donut reminds me of this fact often. I hope that it will have a good resolution. When I find another one poke2.gif I'll put it out on the boards.

BTW, it is quite silly, this book, but in a good way.

Hi guys,

Marc

My fault for speaking while loaded. Mrs. Donut reminds me of this fact often. I hope that it will have a good resolution. When I find another one poke2.gif I'll put it out on the boards.

BTW, it is quite silly, this book, but in a good way.

I wouldn't worry about it. I think it's safe to say that we all sing like canaries when loaded with wine. tongue.gif

Anybody out there know where I can find a Top Notch Laugh #35. I've been searching for a while. It's an interesting story. It all started back in1997 when I became re-introduced to GA comic books again. It rekindled for a while at least the joy I felt when I was a Kid. I remember that day well, I was walking by the local..............................

Anybody out there know where I can find a Top Notch Laugh #35. I've been searching for a while. It's an interesting story. It all started back in1997 when I became re-introduced to GA comic books again. It rekindled for a while at least the joy I felt when I was a Kid. I remember that day well, I was walking by the local..............................

For what it's worth, you'll be able to read it AT LEAST for sure soon. I'm sure the stories are total [embarrassing lack of self control] except for the Black Hood story.

You know you and I will work something out for both of us soon, and everybody will win. Patience my good man, patience.

P.S. I asked our friend here in Ohio and he's missing a #31 only. And a Pep #22. So he has 217/219 of the MLJ run...(insert jealous graemlin here)...

Of course, he has my old Archie 1-100...and Pep 1-21, 23-100 too. sorry.gif

Unfortunately I have nothing left to trade. All the books I have left are very hard to find and significant MLJ's and mostly highly sought after Peps. They're all keepers. I've thinned out too much of my collection. My Pep 29,36 and 41 are the best Peps I have left and I don't wish to sell them at all, so I don't know what I can do about that. So if that's a deal breaker then so be it, it's too high a price to pay even to fill a run. I may have some other things, but I just wanted to get those off the table right from the start. I'll eventually fill my run.I'm still searching.

Unfortunately I have nothing left to trade. All the books I have left are very hard to find and significant MLJ's and mostly highly sought after Peps. They're all keepers. I've thinned out too much of my collection. My Pep 29,36 and 41 are the best Peps I have left and I don't wish to sell them at all, so I don't know what I can do about that. So if that's a deal breaker then so be it, it's too high a price to pay even to fill a run. I may have some other things, but I just wanted to get those off the table right from the start. I'll eventually fill my run.I'm still searching.

Let's take this to PM's or email. Let me know what else you've got! I.E. any duplicate Top-Notches in the 1-27 range, or any early Archie dupes, etc. Don't you have a few copies of TN 13 and 26? Let's discuss...