• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Flying Donut is the coolest guy ever! Well, he and Darthdiesel...

60 posts in this topic

He located and sold a Top-Notch Laugh Comics #35 for me! This is the last one I need scanned for my website!

Thanks so much!

Shawn flowerred.gif

yay.gif893applaud-thumb.gifyay.gif

Conratulations Shawn........Way to go Donut!!! thumbsup2.gif

Fuelman! What are you doing here when you should be posting more cheescake stuff! grin.gifpoke2.gif

He located and sold a Top-Notch Laugh Comics #35 for me! This is the last one I need scanned for my website!

Thanks so much!

Shawn flowerred.gif

yay.gif893applaud-thumb.gifyay.gif

Conratulations Shawn........Way to go Donut!!! thumbsup2.gif

Fuelman! What are you doing here when you should be posting more cheescake stuff! grin.gifpoke2.gif

I did post more Cheesecake and Pulp Naughties as well. makepoint.gif

I like both forums for different reasons.......and visit each daily. yay.gif

\

Hey, that's so cool! I also heard it said that you were going to scan the book and then sell it me for cost when this all went down. So I'm doubly thrilled, you guys truly are princes among comic collectors! 893applaud-thumb.gif

That's very funny! I made no such agreement. I collect MLJ too, remember? How am I ever supposed to have a full run if I cough up this jewel, this Top-Notch Laugh #35?

Best I can do is offer up a scan of the Mile High - Sorry Vince, it goes in the baby's room in the closet. You surely don't want your quest to end already do you? I'm sure another copy will come up soon.

806008034o.jpg

Oops, I was wrong. I guess I misunderstood. I had heard that the book was going to Shawn to be scanned and then sold to me for the same price. But Shawn says that's not the case now and wants me to make him offer he can't refuse in trade and I'm pretty sure a realistic deal will be hard to come by. Oh well I'm sure there's another one out there for waiting for me somewhere. Let me know if anyone comes up with one. That was still a great find by FD that's for sure.

Oops, I was wrong. I guess I misunderstood. I had heard that the book was going to Shawn to be scanned and then sold to me for the same price. But Shawn says that's not the case now and wants me to make him offer he can't refuse in trade and I'm pretty sure a realistic deal will be hard to come by. Oh well I'm sure there's another one out there for waiting for me somewhere. Let me know if anyone comes up with one. That was still a great find by FD that's for sure.

Where'd you hear that anyway Vince?

So You want me to trade you my fine Pep 29 or my vg+ Pep36 or my fine/very fine Pep 41 for the 35? Hey , what do you Archie collectors out there think of those trades? I guess I had bad information earlier but the source seemed very sincere. That doesn't sound like very fair trades Shawn and it it appears that you're trying to tweak me with this, so I'll just have to continue to look elswhere, but congratalions on the nice book FD found.

So You want me to trade you my fine Pep 29 or my vg+ Pep36 or my fine/very fine Pep 41 for the 35? Hey , what do you Archie collectors out there think of those trades? I guess I had bad information earlier but the source seemed very sincere. That doesn't sound like very fair trades Shawn and it it appears that you're trying to tweak me with this, so I'll just have to continue to look elswhere, but congratalions on the nice book FD found.

I never said trade you for those books! I said "Make me a good deal on them". Vince, you need to relax a little bit. I never said once I was going to send you the book for cost; hell I may just keep it. If you keep throwing temper tantrums about it I will for sure!

Haven't you ever heard the phrase "You catch more flies with honey than sugar"?

I'm still waiting for you to tell me where you heard I was scanning it and then selling it for cost. Can you tell me where I said that?

Someone told me they heard that at the convention, I won't mention who because I think they meant well. I don't know why you think I'm getting excited, I'm actually pretty calm. Your last email specifically asked for a really good deal on one of those books,but there's a lot here that the rest don't know about Shawn so maybe we should just let it be and not make a soap opera about it.If I misunderstood about this particular book I'm sorry. Congrats on your score.

Someone told me they heard that at the convention, I won't mention who because I think they meant well. I don't know why you think I'm getting excited, I'm actually pretty calm. Your last email specifically asked for one of those books in trade. There's a lot here that the rest don't know about Shawn so maybe we should just let it be and not make a soap opera about it.If I misunderstood about this particular book I'm sorry. Congrats on your score.

My last email to was exactly:

"This is the part where you come up with a great deal on a book of yours, or offer something wonderful for it.

You know I could care less about TN #35, but obviously it’s bothering you that I have a copy on the way since you’re inventing stories about me selling it to you for cost.

If I were you and I REALLY wanted the book, I’d make (me) a really good deal on : Your Pep #29, or 36, or 41"

You know, these 3 books that you were going to sell me about a month ago? This isn't an offer for trade Vince - perhaps you should read more carefully. What here do the rest not need to know about me? I'm sure it'd behoove both of us to keep any private things we've told each other seperate from this thread, and keep to the topic at hand.

poke2.gif

Someone told me they heard that at the convention, I won't mention who because I think they meant well. I don't know why you think I'm getting excited, I'm actually pretty calm. Your last email specifically asked for a really good deal on one of those books,but there's a lot here that the rest don't know about Shawn so maybe we should just let it be and not make a soap opera about it.If I misunderstood about this particular book I'm sorry. Congrats on your score.

So I see you're modifying your posts now. Which is it Vince? Am I forcing your hand to trade a more valuable book or simply asking for a good deal on one?

P.S. You know you'd tease me if you got a book in that was on my want list. Did I not show you the Top-Notch #31 auction when I could've just bought it myself?

You are very thin-skinned Vince!

Shawn I modified my post at 2:52 to mak a correction, your next post was at 2:56. What is your point? Let's not drag this on? I said congrats and I'll find another one some day . No big deal.

What about your 2:42 post then? Same sentiment?

So You want me to trade you my fine Pep 29 or my vg+ Pep36 or my fine/very fine Pep 41 for the 35? Hey , what do you Archie collectors out there think of those trades?

crazy.gif

There's a lot here that the rest don't know about Shawn, so maybe we should just let it be and not make a soap opera about it.

What here do the rest not need to know about me? I'm sure it'd behoove both of us to keep any private things we've told each other seperate from this thread, and keep to the topic at hand.

poke2.gif

You need to re read that sentence Shawn, I didn't mean it the way you're taking it, put a comma after Shawn. I was saying that there a lot of stuff the rest don't know about about. Not about you specifically, get it? Anyway, this is starting to get to me so I'm just going put my Top Notch quest on hold.