• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SALE!!!! 20% Off Supplies 30-40% Off Backissues!!!

42 posts in this topic

So I am thinking of putting a couple of runs in Mylar with a flap and a full backing board. They are currently in a hodge podge of bags and boards along with some in the thicker Mylar top loaders. I'd like to make their storage uniform, so there is not as much shifting.

They're bronze age books, what size/combo do you suggest I buy? I will probably do a test order and see if I like them or not.

I would say to do

Mylite2's Regular Size 7 1/4"

Fullbacks Regular Size 7"

Or, for just a little less money

Mylite+'s Regular Size 7 1/4"

Fullbacks Regular Size 7"

Microchamber paper is up to you. I personally use it with all mylars because mylars do not break down and accept acid changes like poly bags.

Russ. I would like to put in a small first order for a mylite/board combo. Could you please tell me what the difference is between a full back and a half back?

Your site looks great BTW. First time i've been able to have a proper look.

Matt

don't let the gold/silver size mylars fool you. They are much larger than i thought and now i have two packs of them lying around since i don't want my books banging around in them and they barely fit the comic box. The standard i think fits silver and up just fine.

A halfback is just like a normal board. A fullback is like 2 of them put together. I like the fullbacks because they just protect a book better from any corner dings or gravitational pull on it. They are more expensive though frown.gif

Thanks. Are they both buffered on one side?

don't let the gold/silver size mylars fool you. They are much larger than i thought and now i have two packs of them lying around since i don't want my books banging around in them and they barely fit the comic box. The standard i think fits silver and up just fine.

I don't like having my pre '75 books in the stadard. I like the Gold Silver, but I use two boards. That and I also use the wide acid free boxes.

I don't like having my pre '75 books in the stadard. I like the Gold Silver, but I use two boards. That and I also use the wide acid free boxes.

Yeah i like the board to be bigger than the comic. Even if it's on a modern. I hate the modern size supplies because they barely cover the whole book. However at the same time i wouldn't want a gold/silver size but rather just silver so it all gets a bit confusing.

Just did some research and it's the "regular" rather than "current" that are best for Bronze-Modern books.

I use regular size mylite 2's and full backs for my late silver and up books. It works a treat - a good border of board around the books and the mylar keeps them snug.

They are worth the cost and Russ delivers quick - just be aware international shipping on these is a big deal - you'll spend more on thios then the boards themselves crazy.gif

Hey Russ, thanks for the sale. Getting ready to place an order. Could you tell me how the Mylite+ are different/better than the regular Mylites? I tend to prefer the Mylite 2s, but the only thing I didn't like about the regular mylites is the krinkliness.

Microchamber paper is up to you. I personally use it with all mylars because mylars do not break down and accept acid changes like poly bags.

Does that mean the book may tend to yellow without the paper?

order just placed. using you for the first time and looking forward to getting stuff.

love the "blowout TPB" concept. very innovative and buyer-friendly