• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GPA Article: "Where are These Bronze 9.8's" Part 1 of 3

88 posts in this topic

Why list those later Batman, Detective, Action, etc.,. issues instead of the earlier, more valuable ones?

If there were earlier, more valuable ones, then those books would have been sold off in the store or through mail-order. After all, you don't see FF 48 listed in the ad, and it was found in massive quantities with MH2.

I don't buy many (any?) DCs, so I can't comment on the MH2 certificate question, but maybe greggy can comment?

Why list those later Batman, Detective, Action, etc.,. issues instead of the earlier, more valuable ones?

If there were earlier, more valuable ones, then those books would have been sold off in the store or through mail-order. After all, you don't see FF 48 listed in the ad, and it was found in massive quantities with MH2.

I don't buy many (any?) DCs, so I can't comment on the MH2 certificate question, but maybe greggy can comment?

I'm not talking about HoS 92 or GL 76 here (although DC Comics Presents 26 is listed at $26), I'm talking about ANY pre-1972 DC that would be comparable (in price and/or desirability) to those hordes of SA Marvels shown in the ads. The total absence of any evidence of them existing in the find (none listed in the ads, none appearing on the market) is pretty telling, but if I see Chuck again this year at Heroes Con I'll ask him.

I'm not talking about HoS 92 or GL 76 here (although DC Comics Presents 26 is listed at $26), I'm talking about ANY pre-1972 DC that would be comparable (in price and/or desirability) to those hordes of SA Marvels shown in the ads. The total absence of any evidence of them existing in the find (none listed in the ads, none appearing on the market) is pretty telling, but if I see Chuck again this year at Heroes Con I'll ask him.

I rarely see any books advertised on eBay as a Mile High 2 with a certificate. I recall someone from Australia listing some 20 centers in the last month or so but they weren't important books. Of the ones that Chuck "found" and had it noted on the CGC labels, I do notice that he had some of the 1975 and later issues.

I rarely see any books advertised on eBay as a Mile High 2 with a certificate. I recall someone from Australia listing some 20 centers in the last month or so but they weren't important books. Of the ones that Chuck "found" and had it noted on the CGC labels, I do notice that he had some of the 1975 and later issues.

Marvels, or DC's? I searched the Heritage archives and the only ones they are showing are all Marvels.

The Aussie guy was selling some DCs. Chuck was selling some later Superboys on his site with the Mile High 2 designation.

Marvels, or DC's? I searched the Heritage archives and the only ones they are showing are all Marvels.

I went to the 1989 San Diego con, and silver age DC's were just starting to become more collectible at about that time, and MH was set up there, with a big display. I remember seeing a huge quantity of books from the MH ll collection for sale, bagged with certificates. I don't remember even one silver age or ealry bronze age DC in that any of those long box'es, and there were quite a few of them.

The total absence of any evidence of them existing in the find (none listed in the ads, none appearing on the market) is pretty telling, but if I see Chuck again this year at Heroes Con I'll ask him.

I would be very interested in his reply. Please post and let us know if you do get a chance to speak with him. Or better yet, why not email him at his website?? Inquiring minds want to know grin.gif

There almost certainly are, but the real question is, in what quantities?

I imagine that there would have to be with such a massive warehouse find. Can anyone out there confirm purchasing a MH 2 DC from this time period?? Anyone???? If I have some time during work, I may try to call Mile High Comics and ask about this smile.gif

not directed at anyone but ASM 151 is part of the MH2 collection and still no 9.8. confused-smiley-013.gif

I think people are forgetting that 9.8 is a pretty high standard, warehouse or not. Not every book on the newsstand is 9.8, and not every book in a warehouse is 9.8, although the odds do significantly improve, particularly if there was a big stack so that all those copies in the middle could be protected.

who knows the distribution setup in 1968 - 1975? Its conceivable DC and Marvel had different distributors at points in this period that would explain the absence of Early BA DCs. Just one explanation.

Excellent point Aman. Also, this time period was right before direct distribution came about (I believe with Selig in 73 or 74). Noone has come forward and confirmed any purchase of pre-72 DC's from the MH2 yet??