• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What was your first post on the boards???

66 posts in this topic

Thanks, FFB! thumbsup2.gif You've come a long way from that dweebish 1st post.... tongue.gif

After a couple of weeks lurking, this was my outstanding first effort...

Yeah, but not in that way!

Total newbie here, so go gentle with me, please. Flying into Atlanta on Thursday, heading for Charleston, Seabrook Island, back to I95 and north to Philly, then on to NYC....Er, but not all on the one day.

My question is, are there any recommended stores with decent Silver/Bronze stock anywhere along my route? If along I95, gotta be close to the highway, 'cause the new missus is understanding, but not that understanding.

My thanks in advance!

Greggy's first post:

Re: Submission cost [Re: oldtimer]

#19059 - 07/30/02 08:22 AM

FYI, once I tried to submit a GS X-men 1 under the standard category as the Overstreet had a high value of $1,000 which is the limit, as I was unsure how they were going to grade it. They advised me by phone that it was going to get a 9.6 and bumped it to the Express category. No big deal as I was happy with the higher grade.

cloud9.gif

I posted before then so you are wrong as usual. It was in a thread started by drbanner regarding how my FF 49 CGC 9.6 sold for almost twice as much as my FF 48 CGC 9.6.

You failed me like you've done in many other instances. confused-smiley-013.gif

Yes, there were many posts on these boards before July '02 that I participated in that are no longer showing up in the archives/searches. My searches only show 2 posts in July '02, none in August, and then a bunch starting 9/21/02, so I believe there are many posts missing between July and September of '02 as well as the pre-July '02 archives.

I remember specifically that action really heated up here around the same time the comicinvestor boards were cranking, so maybe JC can pull up some archives from those boards for a timeframe? confused-smiley-013.gif

The was a great thread. Just found and read it two weeks ago.

Looking back it was a very good one - just about all the Brits who've ever posted here were on that thread, and there were some excellent, enthusiastic posts in it from all involved.

My first post: Wed Nov 02 2005 10:40PM RE: CGC Registry Requests Your Help:

I'd like to see:

#1 Issues - Golden Age

#1 Issues - Silver Age

#1 Issues - Bronze Age

And, I'd like to see these boken up into Marvel and DC. Pehaps others in the future but those should be first.

By going with #1 issues, there is no conflict about what is key and what is not.

Is that from that thread where someone tries to argue that GS X-men #1 started the Bronze Age?!?! screwy.gif

Yep. Those were also some pretty opinionated times on the boards, when the flaming got personal. BIG NUMBERS. Wizard First. Comic-Keys.

Is that from that thread where someone tries to argue that GS X-men #1 started the Bronze Age?!?! screwy.gif

Yep. Those were also some pretty opinionated times on the boards, when the flaming got personal. BIG NUMBERS. Wizard First. Comic-Keys.

Ahhh yes, BIG NUMBERS and Wizard First, both of which were certain to be the "final straw" that would mean the end of CGC! 27_laughing.gif

Popular belief has been that there were posts that were not archived in the beginning. It doesn't appear that is so. I have found the earliest posts from Greggy, fantastic_four, Bronty, and many others. Still very available in the search engine...

My first post was asking about Hulk/Thing battle issues. I posted the day I registered, or the day after, I forget. I registered on 5/21/02. I can't find any posts that old, nor can I find the thread I started asking about Hulk/Thing battle issues.