• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who is your favorite Spider-Man artist?

103 posts in this topic

I'd like to say Erik Larson is the all time WORST !!! Spider-man comic book artists, if not the all time worst comic book artist of all time. He's a poor rip off of Mcfarlane at best.

I love Romita, and he made his impression on Spidey, but Ditko's spidey has got more soul, and created the spirit of Spider-man, villians etc.

Ditko !

I'd like to say Erik Larson is the all time WORST !!! Spider-man comic book artists, if not the all time worst comic book artist of all time. He's a poor rip off of Mcfarlane at best.

I agree totaly, and I can't even believe that his name has been mentioned in this thread. Awful stuff. foreheadslap.gif

Agreed that creators such as Ditko and Romita Sr. have done great work on Spider-Man, but I still have to say McFarlane's my favorite choice. No one does webbing like McFarlane!!

Agreed that creators such as Ditko and Romita Sr. have done great work on Spider-Man, but I still have to say McFarlane's my favorite choice. No one does webbing like McFarlane!!

Actually, I'm just the opposite. I liked Ditko and Romita Sr.'s Spider-Mans and can't stand McFarlane's. I'm just not a fan of all the spindly little lines and webbing. He also seemed to begin the trend of making Spidey more puny and unproportioned.

But, I respect in contrary views; that just happens to be mine.

Ross Andru and Gil Kane by far. Romita defined the version of Spidey I love best but Andru made it perfect. I'm no art expert but to me Ditko work looks dated and stiff...see I told you I'm no expert. I'm also the same guy that says X-Men #109 is the greatest comic book cover of all-time smile.gif

Jim