• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thanks To The Well Wishers

74 posts in this topic

hey, Pov! Ill miss you buddy. When I got here and was trying to break into the crowd (it was a rough crowd back then too!) YOU were the first friendly face I found. I t was full of food and I couldnt understand a word you saud - - but still I knew you were smiling down at me.

Also, you always posted about how you had sold off your collection years ago when you lost interest. Including your Action 1. And you were sorry about it. Then you got excited about BA horror.... and I guess youre over that now. But, I hope this time you wint sell off this time.

I got a feeling you'll be back!

Pov, face it, comics are part of your soul, and they have been for decades. They may lay dormant in your head for a while, maybe even years, but your love for the funny books will always play some part in there. It was just last August that we were passing your newly aquired pre-codes around the table at the San Diego Forum dinner. You were showing those things around with pride, and they were cool.

When I was 17 I also swore off comics and sold them all. Although I was also doing music then too, it was my interest in girls that overshadowed any desire for comics. I was fine for three years, but then at 20 the bug that lay dormant in my mind came back with a vengeance. I then regretted selling all my books as I had a pretty impressive collection of Silver Age Marvels for a 17 year old.

It's not like you are trying to kick a bad habit like smoking or gambling or McDonalds. Collecting and studying comics as you have done (as far as I know) has really enhanced your life in a positive way. I could certainly see that not too long ago.

So with that said, maybe think a little more about what you are doing. You know more than I what is right for you, but knowing human nature, I think you may regret at least part of this decision. Don't let this part of Pov die as someday I believe you may miss it. angel.gif

What a great post.

It's understandable to get burnt out about this hobby, especially if you've put as much effort and enthusiasm into it as you have.

I figure that if you sell off your collection that it wouldn't be too difficult to reacquire nearly all of it in future, as the market for PCH and BA horror is more than likely to remain static for the foreseeable term.

So what the 'eck, Pov, follow your muse...music is a more proactive hobby anyway. Although I wouldn't sell absolutely everything - you gotta keep one or two of your favorite pieces for sentimental reasons. And there's no reason why you can't continue to attend Wonder Con, purely for social purposes. And to sneer at those still caught in the hobby's grip. tongue.gif

In the meantime I hope your nipples explode with delight. wink.gif

Good luck Pov! Unlike material possessions, enjoying listening to and playing music is such a pure joy that it never gets old. I've been thinking about buying another guitar for a while now but always put it off as it would be too $$ to get something I would like, but when I spend $$$ on a comic book or two, it doesn't seem so bad. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Also, please be assured that people DO read your posts and I consider you as one of the more valuable contributors here over the years, and thank you for that! thumbsup2.gif

(Now, about those Cole books... gossip.gif)

Good luck Perv Toy Row, may the road rise up to meet you where ever you may go thumbsup2.gif

Does that mean that Red Hook is now the old man on the boards ? Should the title "gramps" go to him now ? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Does that mean that Red Hook is now the old man on the boards ? Should the title "gramps" go to him now ? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Nah, his title is "grumps". stooges.gif

Harry (Burntboy) is older....as are some other guys I believe.

Grampy Hook

Hey Pov,

It's been great having you hear and I wish you all the best in your future endeavors. I've learned a lot from you about restoration and a genre of comics I previously knew very little about. You'll be missed.

Best Regards,

Brian

I have always referred to him that way. Never read LW. confused-smiley-013.gif
Get Smart episode. When asked for the password to the question "Who wrote Little Women?"

Don Adams replied.

"Lonely Little Men"