• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just finished watching the Ultimate Avengers Movie.

91 posts in this topic

I didn't enjoy the movie all that much, to be honest. The animation was rough (like Transformers Season One rough), and I don't geek out over big fight scenes all that much... but the Avengers documentary was fun! I don't know that I've ever heard someone lavish himself with as much praise as George Perez. I was embarassed for him.

The documentary made the whole thing worthwhile and I'm looking forward to seeing #2 in July.

You should go back and read your posts. gossip.gif

I didn't enjoy the movie all that much, to be honest. The animation was rough (like Transformers Season One rough), and I don't geek out over big fight scenes all that much... but the Avengers documentary was fun! I don't know that I've ever heard someone lavish himself with as much praise as George Perez. I was embarassed for him.

The documentary made the whole thing worthwhile and I'm looking forward to seeing #2 in July.

I was just thinking that very same thing! They are great, aren't they? cloud9.gif

I guess the one thing that might of made it more entertaining for me

was the fact that I haven't read any Ultimate Avengers comics.

With that in mind there were a few surprises for me...

one of them was the Black Nick Fury...

I guess that was one of those PC changes...

Ultimate Avengers IMO is someof the best story telling they've put out recently, especially the first run where Hulk does Manhattan (and gets a thing for Betty Ross to put it mildly crazy.gif)....check it out.

Roy.

I was just thinking that very same thing! They are great, aren't they? cloud9.gif

:embarassedforIlliterati:

screwy.gif

screwy.gif
Christo_pull_hair.gif

screwy.gif

Whoa. Did you feel that? The current average IQ score here on the boards just dropped 40 points.

This movie sucked,the only good part was the Hulk fight at the end.

Fot a $13 dvd that didn't make it to the big screen,

campy is what I expected and since my expectations were low

I had fun.

I hope they have more and more of these flicks.

But it would be cool if they made a dvd for fanboys only...

the greatest marvel battles (were the movie is styled like a Creep Show fashion

and had many various comic based battles stories)...

Wolverine vs Sabertooth

Hulk vs Thing

Collosus vs Juggernaught

Sub Marinier vs Hulk

Wolverine vs Punisher

Ghost Rider vs Son of Satan

Spidey vs Kingpin

etc etc

cloud9.gif

yea at times it felt like a saturday morning cartoon.

makes me wonder why a company like marvel who's entire

existence is based on art wouldn't do a better job with

the animation.

you think they would have said at the start, "the only

way we're doing this is if we get the best artists out

there".

that being said however i still enjoyed it.

and i kept thinking if there somewhat successful marvel

will then probably improve on the animation.

but yea it was definitely the best thing on tv that night.

I don't know, with all the jabber about the poor animation, i kind of liked it. It was obviously much better than that old 90s crud, and as good as anything I'd expect today. The story was well put together and i thought that there was some real drama with the Hulk in there. Maybe being Canadian, i noticed the strong Captain America distinctly AMERICAN overtones, but i didn't mind it. Ain't nothin' like some good old patriotism once in a while!

And i agree with whoever was talking about it above. The Hulk battle scene is really something else. I have anew respect for what the Hulk is capable of, and why he's so oft-referred to as the strongest being in the Marvel Universe.

Also, Thor was a bit silly, but cute all the same. He just makes me laugh.

Maybe being Canadian, i noticed the strong Captain America distinctly AMERICAN overtones, but i didn't mind it. Ain't nothin' like some good old patriotism once in a while!

Im glad you were able not to "mind" the american overtones in Captain America.

yeahok.gif

Maybe being Canadian, i noticed the strong Captain America distinctly AMERICAN overtones, but i didn't mind it. Ain't nothin' like some good old patriotism once in a while!

yeahok.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

Having seen the preview of Ultimates II with the Black Panther though... I'm a little concerned with the costume design.

I guess they didn't want it to look too much like Batman Beyond or something because the costume is distinctly Bwana Beast like... (Unless that's how he looks in the Ultimate Universe... I haven't been keeping up with the entire universe.)

yeahok.gif

The point was that they really hammered home the propaganda. Personally, i thikn a Captain America movie with modern film technology set in WWII with huge American propaganda would be brilliant. It's one of the few Hero movies that i'd still LOVE to see happen.

Saw it today myself. It was not too bad. Definitely not great either.

Only issues with it:

The music was really silly. Especially the opening scene with Captain America.

Whatever happened to the "german" alien leader at the beginning (name is escaping me). I'd assume that he'd be the key villian later in the film. Which brings me to the next issue. This arc ended with a fight between Cap and the alien leader. They bring Hulk back in (which the movie continuity screwed up) and the ending is the absolute best. Not sure if this was marketed toward kids and they were forced to tone it down.

Finally, some of the character voices were absurd. The Black Widow sounded like I tried to be Russian. And that's a really bad thing.

Pat

The point was that they really hammered home the propaganda. Personally, i thikn a Captain America movie with modern film technology set in WWII with huge American propaganda would be brilliant. It's one of the few Hero movies that i'd still LOVE to see happen.

Im just curious here..

Propaganda , in the english language, has acquired a negative context and is generally associated as being false or misleading information put forward in order to advocate a cause, political or otherwise. Even if used in the neutral context I'm still curious as to what cause/purpose you think Captain America was being used by the filmmakers to advance?

Well, i wouldn't say it's negative necessarily. The observation was just that it was really "pumping up" America through the medium of Captain America, who is, as they say, the "All-American Man". The representation of him being the leader and him being the best-rounded and most perfect individual on the team deflects that image onto America itself. Of course, that's the way that the comic was written, and that's what made him so popular, so there's nothing wrong with it whatsoever.

All I'm saying is that this film was obviously made by an American, not by someone of any other nationality.