• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Not to be outdone...

26 posts in this topic

the brood are back. what's next the dire wraiths? Paging Rom Spacknight. Rom?
Brood have always been around. they have appeared in several Marvel Comics, and are generally regarded as a existing alien race in the MU. The dire wraiths were created specifically for the Rom Comic, not to be used in the rest of the MU independently.

The Dire Wraiths did appear in Uncanny X-men though in the late 100's. Around the time that Forge was brought into the book.

Pat

Yeah, they did appear a couple of times without Rom, but not anything elevate their status beyond a Rom villain.

I am really looking forward to Marvel's Annilihation event. I would like to see more of the alien races shown, like the Kree, Skrull, Shiar, etc. Marvel has gotten away from this in recent years.

I'll be interested too.

I was bummed when quickly killed the last Thanos volume. We didn't even get to see the ending to the last arc. I wanted to know the final outcome of the creature that attempted to kill Galactus. He was semi-interesting.

The one thing I dislike about alien stories is that a lot of the characters become fruity. Like a fluffy dog-like alien that other aliens walk-around. That's just cheeseball. Not that we need all "Alien" type aliens. But on a more serious level so we don't get all Ron Lim Silver Surfer type aliens.

Pat

uhmmmm...I'm having a hard tiome thinking of a team that DIDN'T fight the dire wraiths....

FF

Avengers

X-Men

Hulk

but I digress.....

Nice cover!!

When did the Avengers fight the Dire Wraiths?

Both Hulk and FF only had Dire Wraiths in a single issue. X-men attempted to use them for a 4-issue story arc and never used them again.

Brood have always been around. they have appeared in several Marvel Comics, and are generally regarded as a existing alien race in the MU. The dire wraiths were created specifically for the Rom Comic, not to be used in the rest of the MU independently.
yeahok.gif

yeahok.gif

ROM. Wow. When I was a child, I had a nightmare about robots that looks just like ROM (I'd never seen the comic before then). Not long after, my dad came home with a stack of comics including ROM #75. That was freaky.

yeahok.gif

ROM. Wow. When I was a child, I had a nightmare about robots that looks just like ROM (I'd never seen the comic before then). Not long after, my dad came home with a stack of comics including ROM #75. That was freaky.

So that was yesterday, what is daddy bringing home for you today? 27_laughing.gif