• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cracked a slab last night

21 posts in this topic

Bought an Xmen 101 6.0, that I wanted for a reader and I am just wondering if there is anything I need to do regarding cracking the slab?

Somewhere to report that I have done this?

Thanks

Artboy99

Ive cracked about 20 or so slabs. I think that you can send the label in to cgc and they will correct the census. Although im not entirely sure on that.

Nope...it's your comic. The fact you think you should report it, and an environment that makes you think that way, is kinda sad really...

Jim

But at the same time people complain about the innaccuracy of the CGC census due to cracked slabs. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yeah, that was kinda my reason for asking.

Thanks

Artboy99

If you plan on reselling at some point,I would keep the label in the back of the mylar as a reference.If you're going to resubmit,you should return the label at some point so the book is not represented twice on the census.I usually crack the slab on my few golden age purchases(mid grade) and keep the label as a record.The CGC service was started to guarantee a grade in the booming mail order market.I feel it worked well in that respect.If I manage to get a highgrade silver book,I keep it in the slab and either get a cheap reader or reprint.You have to be CAREFUL popping highgrades out of the slab.You can cost yourself a lot of money.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

Nope...it's your comic. The fact you think you should report it, and an environment that makes you think that way, is kinda sad really...

Jim

But at the same time people complain about the innaccuracy of the CGC census due to cracked slabs. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Who cares anymore? The almighty Census has long been proven to be inaccurate. It's a joke with all the reslabs that have been rampant. If you're following the Census as gospel, you're a fool and have been for the last two years or so...

As a result, any "responsibility" to keep the Census accurate, even if it was warranted at one time, is long long gone...

Jim

Bought an Xmen 101 6.0, that I wanted for a reader and I am just wondering if there is anything I need to do regarding cracking the slab?

No point. Once you cracked the slab you reserved a place in hell for yourself. devil.gif

No point. Once you cracked the slab you reserved a place in hell for yourself. devil.gif

sorry.gif

Thanks

Artboy99

mail label to CGC headquarters to remove it from census

sorry.gif

gossip.gif Don't feel to bad, I've got an entire circle of hell reserved for me for the same reason.

sorry.gif

gossip.gif Don't feel to bad, I've got an entire circle of hell reserved for me for the same reason.

Only one circle ?? Rookie.... smirk.gif

sorry.gif

Only one circle ?? Rookie.... smirk.gif

He shares it with comic-keys and ewart

Jim

hey, don't mess with the CGC police!

shy.gif

He's been reported to the NSA. devil.gif

If it's a cheap reader you are sure you have no plans to get re-graded then save up a few labels and mail them to CGC at once to save shipping.

If it's a big $$$ reader book (like a 2.0 FF 1) then save the label and if you re-sell it down the line you get a discount for getting it re-graded if you include the label.

If it's a big $$$ reader book (like a 2.0 FF 1) then save the label and if you re-sell it down the line you get a discount for getting it re-graded if you include the label.

Hmmmm....reminds me, still have to crack that one....saving it for a special occasion 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'd never crack one of mine out of it's shell. I'd buy a raw if I wanted to read it. smile.gif

(as of now I don't have any CGCed books)

It was cheaper to buy the graded book than buy a raw. I had been trying for some time. Seems to many VG condition Xmen 101's sell for over a hundred bucks these days.

:P

Artboy99