• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rural Home
1 1

47 posts in this topic

Can anyone tell me what titles this company produced besides Mask? Anyone have scans?
GCD Search by publisher

This is the future of the law profession? poke2.gif

Can anyone tell me what titles this company produced besides Mask? Anyone have scans?
GCD Search by publisher

I rarely use that site. makepoint.gif Besides, Mask isn't listed so it isn't a complete list. poke2.gif

Mask was Croydon.

http://www.comics.org/publisher_details.lasso?id=137

GCD Search by publisher

I rarely use that site. makepoint.gif Besides, Mask isn't listed so it isn't a complete list. poke2.gif

Mask was Croydon.

http://www.comics.org/publisher_details.lasso?id=137

893scratchchin-thumb.gif It's listed as Rural Home in the Gerber Journals.

GCD Search by publisher

Yeah, but you already knew about the Mask. It told you what you needed to know without repeating what you did know and all you can do is whine? 893naughty-thumb.gif

Edited by adamstrange

GCD Search by publisher

Yeah, but you already knew about the Mask. It told you what you needed to know without repeating what you did know and all you can do is whine? 893naughty-thumb.gif

You are the one who made the crack about my profession when all I did was ask a simple question. Maybe next time you can just answer without adding some snide remark.

GCD Search by publisher

You are the one who made the crack about my profession when all I did was ask a simple question. Maybe next time you can just answer without adding some snide remark.

flowerred.gif I humbly apologize. It was meant as a jest, both the initial crack and the followup, and I thought you would understand it as such.

Edited by adamstrange

GCD Search by publisher

flowerred.gif I humbly apologize. It was meant as a jest, both the initial crack and the followup, and I thought you would understand it as such.

Just watch yourself from now on. poke2.giftongue.gif

Then Ernie got it wrong. It happens. It's Croydon.

Blue Circle Comics

Cannonball Comics

Captain Wizard Comics

Mask Comics

Variety Comics

CGC also lists it that way. confused-smiley-013.gif

Weird.

I've noticed that GCD tends to list the publisher as noted in the indice in the comic. Since those were often separate entities created to limit liability, Overstreet puts them all under a single corporate entity such as Timely, Nedor, etc.

Then Ernie got it wrong. It happens. It's Croydon.

Blue Circle Comics

Cannonball Comics

Captain Wizard Comics

Mask Comics

Variety Comics

CGC also lists it that way. confused-smiley-013.gif

Weird.

I've noticed that GCD tends to list the publisher as noted in the indice in the comic. Since those were often separate entities created to limit liability, Overstreet puts them all under a single corporate entity such as Timely, Nedor, etc.

Imprints. Book publishing companies generally have loads of them.

RURAL HOME PUBLISHING

Rural Home Publishing was a group of small publishers in a fluid partnership, using pre-packaged material and operating under the banner of Rural Home with the leading partner apparently being Enwil Associates. This loose group of publishers consisted of:

Almanac (q.v.); Rewl Publications

Carlton *; Circus Comics

E.R. Ross Publishing (q.v.); Enwil Associates

Farm Women's Publishing; Gail Hillson

Jay Burtis; L.L. Baird ; Narrative Magazines

Public Recreations; Rewl Publications

Universal Comics Group

Orbit Publications

Croydon Publications

First let’s take a look at the "umbrella" company Rural Home and its titles.

Blazing Comics

Blue Circle Comics

Red Band Comics

Variety Comics

Red Circle Comics

Cannonball Comics

Mask Comics

Power Comics

Meteor Comics

Zoom Comics

Circus Comics

Eagle Comics

Laffy Daffy Comics

Merry Comics

Patches Comics

Taffy Comics

This ends the "formal" RURAL HOME Publishing books.

Here is a look at the co-op of "associated" publishers that made up the Rural Home partnerships for the years 1944-1946 with a brief look at some of the titles published individually by these companies.

Atomic Bomb Comics

Funland Comics #1

Life's Like That Comics

Merry-Go-Round Comics

Miss Cairo Jones

Nebbs # 1

World Famous Stories Comics

El Bombo Comics # 1

Snappy Comics # 1

Sparkman Comics # 1

Judo Joe

Navy Heroes

Medal of Honor

Top Spot Comics

K.O. Comics

Triple Threat Comics

Hi-Lite Comics # 1

Tailspin Comics # 1

Gem Comics # 1

Love Diary Comics 1949-1955

Love Journal Comics 1951-1954

Patches (issue # 2 on) 1945-1947

Taffy (issue # 2 on) 1945-1948

Toy Town Comics 1945-1947

Wanted Comics 1947-1953

Westerner Comics 1948-1951

This ends the co-op of "associated" publishers of the Rural Home Group.

source: The now defunct PR PUBLICATIONS website.