• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iron Fist 14 cover up for sale at CAF

145 posts in this topic

That dollar value represents a small mark-up from the amount cash amount paid less than 2 years ago. Yeah, it is slightly above, but that gives some wiggle room in negotiating down or adding trade into the offer. It's not like that price came out of thin air, or he marked it up 300%.

I'm surprised at the commotion... the price seems kinda silly to me, but no sillier than the other prices you see out there. At least this piece is the cover of a relatively major first appearance. confused-smiley-013.gif Not the prettiest cover by any means.. I'll grant you that.

The fact that Bill put up his Thor 376 cover is more noteworthy. Simonson choose three covers to sell and this was the best of the bunch. Heck, it's one of the 10-12 best covers from his whole run.

What one should be pondering is 'what is it that Bill is aquiring next?' His collection is utterly fantastic and while he does turn things over, these are high end items being publicly offered and not behind closed doors.

To this day I wish that Joe allowed me time payments on that X-men 207 cover. Sigh.

Did Bill sell the BWS Daredevil 217 cover? Seems to have disappeared quietly from his gallery along with a few McFarlane Spideys. That's the one piece of his I'd really love to own.

Sure it's the cover art from a major first appearance, but the piece is covered in white-out and tape stains. Hasn't aged well at all.

Yeah I'd pass on this one and wait for the Iron Fist #14 cover without the white out and stains to come along. poke2.gif

27_laughing.gif Chris Caira

The price seems a little high.

Sure it's the cover art from a major first appearance, but the piece is covered in white-out and tape stains. Hasn't aged well at all. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I shoulda known I'd find you in this thread. sumo.gif(cue "The Good, The Bad and the Ugly" score)

The fact that Bill put up his Thor 376 cover is more noteworthy. Simonson choose three covers to sell and this was the best of the bunch. Heck, it's one of the 10-12 best covers from his whole run.

For the love of God, what is that huge rift in the space/time continuum that has opened up on Thor's left knee? 893whatthe.gif

Sure it's the cover art from a major first appearance, but the piece is covered in white-out and tape stains. Hasn't aged well at all.

Yeah I'd pass on this one and wait for the Iron Fist #14 cover without the white out and stains to come along. poke2.gif

27_laughing.gif Chris Caira

Why not just get a nice clean commission done?

893scratchchin-thumb.giftongue.gif

Why does this have no Artist entry? It's a Cockrum cover.. or is he hoping some dope will just assume it's Byrne?

Anyone who knows Bill Woo knows he is not trying to dupe anyone..... 893naughty-thumb.gif

There is some debate over the cover credits to that book.

It could be Cockrum, or Adkins, or another artist. Confirmation is being sought now, but until then I don't think Bill felt comfortable listed one for sure.

Chris Caira

www.hulk-smash.com

Why does this have no Artist entry? It's a Cockrum cover.. or is he hoping some dope will just assume it's Byrne?

Anyone who knows Bill Woo knows he is not trying to dupe anyone..... 893naughty-thumb.gif

It could be Cockrum, or Adkins, or another artist. Confirmation is being sought now, but until then I don't think Bill felt comfortable listed one for sure.

Chris Caira

www.hulk-smash.com

Agreed. In this particular case, the artist is not the selling point. The historic and valuable nature of the comic, namely the first appearance of a major character, is what will drive the final price.

I've never heard anything about that. From early on, it was referred to as a Cockrum cover (I used to track Byrne covers/series in the 80's) and I've never heard of anyone else given credit to it.

Where can one read about this "controversy"? You'd think Dave Cockrum himself could have cleared it up decades ago.

Where can one read about this "controversy"? You'd think Dave Cockrum himself could have cleared it up decades ago.

No controversy....just debate and no confirmation from anyone who would actually know.

You can read a little on the Grand Comics Database...as is their custom they list questionable cover credits with a question mark.

http://www.comics.org/details.lasso?id=31331

Dave is being asked ASAP about the cover so it can cease being a topic for discussion.

Chris