• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Key vs Key and the fanboy caught in the middle...

37 posts in this topic

GS X-Men everytime with the choices you've given... thumbsup2.gif

FF #48 may have swayed me until CGC came along and revealed how common the issue is in HG...

Jim

You seriously think FF 48 is more common than GS X-Men 1? confused-smiley-013.gif

GS X-Men everytime with the choices you've given... thumbsup2.gif

FF #48 may have swayed me until CGC came along and revealed how common the issue is in HG...

Jim

You seriously think FF 48 is more common than GS X-Men 1? confused-smiley-013.gif

No...but I know they aren't uncommon in HG either. Softens the enthusiasm for having to have one.

Jim

thanks everyone for your replys and interesting comments/advices

from my side i think the x-men 94 is the less interesting choice in this situation.

then between the giant size and the FF48 it starts to get a little more difficult.

the giant size still presents a bunch of new characters that in a way marked this title/universe and had quite huge ramifications. the same could be said for the FF 48 + it's one of the all time best super heroes storys ever told...

from my point of view i tend to consider the giant size in a way as a n°1 comic, a start for a completly new age or super heroes, but more important a rather turn on the artistic and narrative vein...like looking to the basic foundations of what this medium is nowadays.

the FF 48...heck i also love it as much as the giant size...i also tend to consider it as the start of my personal FF coll. goal (48-300). and the surfer is one of my fav. characters so...

in the end i can't ake up my mind between these 2, 27_laughing.gif

regards

ps- what about the x-men 94 vs the hulk 181?

GSXMen#1. First appearances of New Xmen, duh. Galactus is cool but not comparable to XMen. And XMen 94 is second appearance. Given these three choices, absent any personal wantlists preference, the choice is pretty obvious.

Yo, what about the Silver Surfer... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

GSXMen#1. First appearances of New Xmen, duh. Galactus is cool but not comparable to XMen. And XMen 94 is second appearance. Given these three choices, absent any personal wantlists preference, the choice is pretty obvious.

Yo, what about the Silver Surfer... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

i think it's an interesting challenge/dileman between the giant size x-men and the FF 48.

mostly we have some "secondary" characters such as colossus/nightcrawler/storm and the bonus of wolvie 1st app on the team vs one major hero S Surfer and one major vilain Galactus!!!

also the galactus/surfer more than classic triology storyline starts here...but the giant size also marks the start of the gold age for the x-men as we know it!

on the sales/value, which one gathers more "hunters (buyers) and $$$" (thinking more for the raw market)?!

regards

X-Men #94. When I was starting out collecting, my friend had a nice copy and never let me forget it. Also, for the longest time, it was more coveted by the collecting populace than GSXM #1. It's also probably my favorite X-Men cover - that awesome image of the cackling Count Nefaria overlooking the destruction of the X-Men's Blackbird jet and everyone falling through mid-air in front of NORAD. Absolutely bloody brilliant. That rarely-used, sea-green color on the cover makes it stand out all the more.

I had the same feeling when I started out. First big purchase was that 94 behind my LCS's glass case that was haunting me everytime I went in. I just didn't have that same feeling towards the GSXM#1, no matter it's collectibility status.

I remember as a kid #94 was slightly ahead of GSX1 in value if not popularity. I think there was something about it being "in sequence" as a regularly numbered part of the series while GSX1 was a stand-alone book, sort of out of place.

And I'd take GSX1, too.

How about Detective 359 vs. GL/GA 76?

I remember as a kid #94 was slightly ahead of GSX1 in value if not popularity. I think there was something about it being "in sequence" as a regularly numbered part of the series while GSX1 was a stand-alone book, sort of out of place.

And I'd take GSX1, too.

How about Detective 359 vs. GL/GA 76?

initially the 94 was "ahead" (in $$$ and hunting) of the giant size? funny how things change...

893scratchchin-thumb.gifm...GL/GA 76 for me...love the cover and always liked GA (even if i don't know much about him).

regards

What a coincidence! I've got all three and will be using my society coupons on two of them. There was no conflict as they were obtained over a period of years in the late 80s. My FF 48 is 9.2-9.6. My Xmen 94 is 9.2-9.4. My GSX1 is probably only a 6.5/7.0. My third coupon submittal will be ASM 10. I think it's a 9.0-9.4.

I have a hard time with the .2 differences.

I just bought an Epson 4490 scanner and will be scanning these before I send them in.

What a coincidence! I've got all three and will be using my society coupons on two of them. There was no conflict as they were obtained over a period of years in the late 80s. My FF 48 is 9.2-9.6. My Xmen 94 is 9.2-9.4. My GSX1 is probably only a 6.5/7.0. My third coupon submittal will be ASM 10. I think it's a 9.0-9.4.

I just bought an Epson 4490 scanner and will be scanning these before I send them in.

please do and post them here... cloud9.gifflowerred.gif

regards

please do and post them here... cloud9.gifflowerred.gif

regards

A quick, sneak login at work.

I've posted the FF and the ASM in the Grading forum. I still need to do the GSX and will post it there, too.