• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics #1 CGC 5.5 Unrestored on ebay

37 posts in this topic

We'll have a high of 60 here in the redwood forest (or what's left of them) but it looks like rain is coming and I was just starting the foundation on a new out building.I'll have to switch and get all the lawns mowed and maybe the field. I recently put a new roof on my shop so I'll find out if it's water tight.

Just got back. The nice thing about having an annual pass is that you can arrive just when they open, spend 4 or 5 hours there, then get the heck out of Dodge when it gets too crowded. Only had a 20 minute wait for Space Mountain, and 10 minutes for Indiana Jones. yay.gif

I took my kids to Disneyworld in Fla.

Problem is you have to invest 1 hour waiting on line for every 3 minute ride.

lunch 45 minutes on a line.

there is even a line for the bathroom.

Ive been there a couple of times.Problem is always the same

I took my kids to Disneyworld in Fla.

Problem is you have to invest 1 hour waiting on line for every 3 minute ride.

lunch 45 minutes on a line.

there is even a line for the bathroom.

Ive been there a couple of times.Problem is always the same

Yes, when they opened Disneyland here in Hong Kong, there were numerous complaints about the lines. There was this unspoken assumption that the lines were due to poor management, and that everything ran smoothly at Disneyland/Disneyworld in the US. Having been to both the US places, I knew that everyone was dead wrong! The lines in the US are MUCH worse than at the HK Disneyland.

I was there (Anaheim) on Christmas day one year, and it was so crowded, ther was a 2 hour wait for the fricken TRAIN that circ;es the park!. We went to Toown Hall after a few frustrating hours, complained, and (get this!) actually got our money totally refunded!! Unbelievable. I never thgought we'd get one dime back from Disney, Inc.

Well I'll post this here.

A couple of days ago I was watching tv and a show called "Once upon a time....the superheroes" .

In this show there were many artist. Joe Kubert,Romita SR.,Carmine Infantino,

Gibbons,Kaluta,Neal Adams quite a few noteworthy artist.

They talked about the history of comics. How the fantasty represented the ideals of America. That "anybody can be anything" type of thing.

Anyway a few of the artist talked about Action Comics #1,How completely new the Idea of the superhero was. how much of a sensation it caused.

There was a old radio excert of a show circa 1940 broadcasting an intervew with Joe Siegel, In there they stated that Action Comics #1 sold 8 hundred thousand copies and superman #1 had sold 5 hundred thousand copies.

The part I found most interesting is that Kubert and Romita SR. had said they remember picking up Action #1 from the newsstand.Romita SR. said he had two copies,One copy he drew all over and traced so he could draw superman in his sleep. The other copy he said he placed in wax paper bag and stored away.he also exclaimed "I was ahead of my time". Just thought it might be interesting to ya all.