• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Entering the Silver Age

56 posts in this topic

proceed with auction young jedi

Does this mean he should spend more time on eBay? confused-smiley-013.giftongue.gif

That was a Freudian slip....it was supposed to say "caution"

No kidding. 27_laughing.gifpoke2.gif

These SA addicts could take it the wrong way...I had to clarify to clear my conscience... devil.gif then again, he'll probably do both... wink.gif

Sure looks pretty to ME.Looks better than a 3.0 and the color strike is MOST notable.FF 1 is very tough to find with color that sharp even in a much higher grade.If the back cover is as nice as the front, you could probably pop the slab and call it a VG with no shame.Very smart buy.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

That's d@rn near impossible with that book.I don't know why,but it seems like the better the color the worse the cover stock on FF 1.From the scan that one looks to have a good amount of gloss left.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

The tanning of the front cover was my only disappointment. Maybe some day I'll be able to upgrade to a copy with a nice white cover. cloud9.gif

The tanning doesn't look bad at all. confused-smiley-013.gif Good luck finding one with white cover stock! 893whatthe.gif

Got this in the mail yesterday. It's not pretty......but it's mine. yay.gif

FANTASTICFOUR1CGC.jpg

nice!

you gona bust it out of the slab?

thats a perfect grade range for it.

and lets face it, if you we're gonna

break out any silver key to read, that

would be the one.

wonder what i would do?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Not pretty? Looks like a sweet copy to me, and one of the greatest comic books of all time. Congrats! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Give him a break. He's still looking at comics through BA glasses. gossip.gif

Not pretty? Looks like a sweet copy to me, and one of the greatest comic books of all time. Congrats! 893applaud-thumb.gif

yeah, but he's not looking at DC's... yay.gif

Absolutely. When you're looking at NM or better bronze all the time, a SA 3.0 can be a little frightening at first.

I always applaud a collecting shift to older lower-grade comics. I'll take a 3.0 FF #1 over a 9.8 FF #77 any day. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I prefer to applaud a collecting shift to older higher-grade comics. I'll take a 9.8 FF#1 over a 3.0 FF #77 any day. poke2.gif

And I thought you said you were on a budget...

I was in time payments for a 5.0, but handed the book off as I simply can't afford a 5.0 right now.

Now that I've got the fever, there's a few more books I'd like to get copies of. cloud9.gif