• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Entering the Silver Age

56 posts in this topic

thumbsup2.gif

If you ever what to sell it let me know even if you break it out.

Just save the label (right in the bag/mylar facing out on the back) like I do. gossip.gif

hail.gif

FF #1 rocks!

That's a nice copy for eye appeal at this grade...be proud!

What's next?

Dan

I really have no idea. There are a bunch of books I've always wanted to have...and at the 5.0(or lower) level I can now afford to acquire. cloud9.gif

Having a great time browsing Ebay looking at other low-grade childhood grails with nice eye appeal. thumbsup2.gif

If anyone has a decent looking unrestored HULK 1 in the 2.0/2.5 range...shoot me a PM. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

FF #1 rocks!

What's next?

Dan

I really have no idea. There are a bunch of books I've always wanted to have...and at the 5.0(or lower) level I can now afford to acquire. cloud9.gif

Having a great time browsing Ebay looking at other low-grade childhood grails with nice eye appeal. thumbsup2.gif

If anyone has a decent looking unrestored HULK 1 in the 2.0/2.5 range...shoot me a PM. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Actually, I do have a nice Hulk #1 cgc 2.5...but it's thousands of mile away at the moment.

FF #1 rocks!

What's next?

Dan

Actually, I do have a nice Hulk #1 cgc 2.5...but it's thousands of mile away at the moment.

Got a scan by any chance? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

FF #1 rocks!

What's next?

Dan

Got a scan by any chance? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Unfortunately I don't. It's just sitting in my climate controlled storage until waiting for my return in August along with 99% of my other books. It was my first grail that I bought a few years ago at a comic con. It was perfect as I was looking for a lower grade key with very nice eye appeal. I bought it raw from a dealer, then used one of my free subs from CGC to slab it. I still remember the thrill of getting that package back and discovering the grade (forget calling and finding out in advance, takes away from the nervous thrill of opening the package). It has nice pages too. I believe OW or OW/W.

I always applaud a collecting shift to older lower-grade comics. I'll take a 3.0 FF #1 over a 9.8 FF #77 any day. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I prefer to applaud a collecting shift to older higher-grade comics. I'll take a 9.8 FF#1 over a 3.0 FF #77 any day. poke2.gif

Of course. However, I was speaking for those of us who didn't win the Power Ball last week. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I'll need to find nice copies of FF 2-87. I've still got my childhood collection of FF 88-200. I used to own a # 9 at one point, but traded it somewhere along the line.

Here's some of the nicer books I picked up when I was still a youngster. cloud9.gif

I bought the entire run from the same collector over a period of about a year. Everytime I'd have allowance money, I'd go over & buy more FFs. I remember him having a really nice DD 1 at the time, and always asking if I was interested in X-MEN books. I wasn't. grin.gif

FF93.jpg

FF101.jpg

FF107.jpg

And one of my favourite BA FFs.... cloud9.gif

FF127.jpg

Beyonder ,Congrats my friend. That is my all time favorite comic , FF # 1 hail.gif. I myself collect alot of Golden age nowadays ,but I will always be a Silver Age collector first. I have a near & I mean a near complete Marvel Silver age collection & FF #1 in any grade is a prize. It was my grail for years , mine is signed by Stan Lee which is a bonus. I'll never sell it . It 's going to my Son , when I pass on from this Mortal Coil. Congrats ,again, ,I mean that . I'm really happy for you. grin.gif You couldn't have started off better collecting Silver then going after the FF run. PS. Wait till you start collecting runs of Silver Spidey,TOS,TTA, ST,DD,JIM, etc. What a great age to collect . Then go after DC. wink.gif That's what I'm doing ,along with Golden Age books. grin.gif