• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show us your MMMS (pre 1971) and other Marvel Non Comic Items

157 posts in this topic

I think I got the binders & unused notebook from Flying Donut.

You did!

The 60s stuff doesn't do much for me, but I'd I'd LOVE to get more 70s stuff, basically anything that was advertised in a Marvel book from 1975-1978.

hi.gif

And, THANK YOU, Donut! You know who to PM when you find those lovely 70's items!

I agree about the 70's stuff - I find it a bit closer to my heart. I used to look at those ads in the comics & just daydream about having that stuff. I've got one of the rocket-car/hotwheels kinda gun-type launcher things around here. I gotta dig that out. I've got most of the hotwheels cars. Got 2 of the three 'big head' plastic banks (Hulk & Spidey, but no Thing yet). And a coupla more posters. One is a GREAT Surfer poster that I'll have to post for you guys. It's one you never see come up.

And Jimbo, if I ever find that black & white Steranko Spidey poster, I'm gonna pass out! I've never seen one yet. I think there was a set of four posters, including that Spidey. I can't remember offhand if Steranko did them all or not. Seems like one was a Neal Adams Dracula.

Man, I love this thread! Thanks for the photo & info about the veri/flicker rings. Those are on my 'want list,' too.

The MARVEL RINGS that I have are of the heads of superheroes. They are Spider-Man, Iron Man, HULK, Thor, and Captain America. Nothing like the flicker rings. These are made of plastic. I haven't seen them around since I originally got them from a gumball machine back in the 60's. I never even see them at conventions. They might be pretty scarce. confused-smiley-013.gif

I just picked up a couple of cool figures tonight that I thought were pretty neat. I know they're not vintage items, but heck, I'm in Japan and all my vintage stuff is back in the States.

These appear to be made here in Japan and are put out by a company called Happinet.

Here's the front:

ebaypictures372.jpg

Side:

ebaypictures384.jpg

Back:

ebaypictures385.jpg

Here are two note pads and there's a third out there as well that had just Dooms face and quote on it.

mmmspad1.jpg

mmmspad2.jpg

I have those two pads and two additional ones. The large one with Reed on it is the exact same size as the large pad you posted, but the pages are different: Some are of Reed, the Silver Surfer, Spider-man, Iron Man, Hulk, and Thor. The small pad with Thing and Doom is the same size as the small scribble pad.

1127288-mmmspad.gif

1127288-mmmspad.gif.3c45f7b59942af9bfde5ce6577f468c0.gif

Is this kind of stuff still available on ebay? I don't even know what i'd search to find this stuff, even though i adore all of it.

Stupid being born 30 years too late....

Here's a full sticker sheet....

1128680-mmmsstickers2.jpg

I've got a sticker sheet just like that, as well as a couple of cut-up stickers that are on pink paper. The funny thing is, it's impossible to tell whether they were cut by Marvel and sent to MMMS members that way or as sheets (I've heard both). I'm also not 100% sure that the sticker sheet i have is "original" or if it's just a copy printed on colored paper (which may have been how Marvel did it in the first place). I've never seen a sheet that seemed very "sticky" on the back side; mine doesn't seem sticky at all, though I haven't licked it to find out for certain. 893whatthe.gif In any case, these sticker sheets could be very easily faked.

Nevertheless, a cool item...

I have the pink and the orange sticker sheets and will have to check the backs of them to see if they're sticky or not.

In the meantime, here are the two MMMS records. The first one is the red one and was released in the first wave of the club with the "ugly" button. The light blue one is a later record. The bullpen sings on these things. Pretty horrid musically but cool Marvel history nevertheless...

1129352-mmmsrec.JPG

If you want to hear one of these, follow this link:

MMMS Song

Here are the lyrics:

"Stand a little straighter. Walk a little prouder. Be an innovator. Clap a little louder. Grow forever greater. We can show you how to. Where will you be then? You belong, you belong, you belong, you belong to the Merry Marvel Marching Society. March along, march along, march along to the song of the Merry Marvel Marching Society. If you growl, if you grown with a down sour outlook, if you howl, if you moan, you can lose your sour grout by keeping trim and in step with the vim and the pep of the Merry Marvel Marching Society. Be an early riser. Strive to be ambitious. Speak a little wiser. Try to be judicious. Be a good advisor, never ever vicious. Where will you be then?

"Face front... Lift your head... You're on the winning team... 'NUFF SAID! You belong, you belong, you belong, you belong to the Merry Marvel Marching Society. March along, march along, march along to the song of the Merry Marvel Marching Society. If you growl, if you groan, and your star is nearly zero, do not howl, do not moan, you can be a superhero, marching right along to the fighting song of the Merry Marvel Marching Society. Stand a little straighter. Walk a little prouder. Be an innovator. Clap a little louder. Grow forever greater. We can show you how to. Where will you be then...."

insane.gif

1129352-mmmsrec.JPG.5cdd6385ec656bf070260bbb3e31299e.JPG

Here's a full sticker sheet....

1128680-mmmsstickers2.jpg

I've got a sticker sheet just like that, as well as a couple of cut-up stickers that are on pink paper. The funny thing is, it's impossible to tell whether they were cut by Marvel and sent to MMMS members that way or as sheets (I've heard both). I'm also not 100% sure that the sticker sheet i have is "original" or if it's just a copy printed on colored paper (which may have been how Marvel did it in the first place). I've never seen a sheet that seemed very "sticky" on the back side; mine doesn't seem sticky at all, though I haven't licked it to find out for certain. 893whatthe.gif In any case, these sticker sheets could be very easily faked.

Nevertheless, a cool item...

My sticker sheet does have a lightly "sticky" back. If you touched it, it would leave a fingerprint in the glue.

Mead school items!

marvelbindersf1bn.jpg

(front) Mead Binders

marvelbindersx5qf.jpg

(back of the binders)

marvelfoldersf4ci.jpg

(front) Mead Folders

marvelfoldersx1xw.jpg

(back of the folders)

This one's a toughie. A complete unused notebook.

marvelnotebook0tb.jpg

I have the wraparound binder from this series (a collage of all these images on the cover) with original paperpad.at home. I unfortunately can't scan it until I get home in a couple weeks... frown.gif

Jim

Mead school items!

marvelbindersf1bn.jpg

(front) Mead Binders

marvelbindersx5qf.jpg

(back of the binders)

marvelfoldersf4ci.jpg

(front) Mead Folders

marvelfoldersx1xw.jpg

(back of the folders)

This one's a toughie. A complete unused notebook.

marvelnotebook0tb.jpg

I remember re-inking a set of these (yes all of these... after begging my mom for them) during the fifth grade... sorry.gif