• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another Beautiful Ebay NM

15 posts in this topic

Ya, this was the exact topic of another thread we just had recently.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/sho...e=4#Post1119686

I think, this is either truly a person who doesn't deal in comics with a naive novice approach to grading, or....(well insert whatever you like).

That's my baby! acclaim.gif

honestly, who cares what he grades it at, the picture gives a pretty decent sense that it is nowhere close to VF or NM.

with that said, $53 for a G/VG to VG- JIM 103? holy cow! I better get my copies out!!!

do people not look at scans?

honestly, who cares what he grades it at, the picture gives a pretty decent sense that it is nowhere close to VF or NM.

with that said, $53 for a G/VG to VG- JIM 103? holy cow! I better get my copies out!!!

I think some people get up in the mornings and bid before putting their contact lenses in, thus missing the fine lines of creases and wear on books in scans. That's the only explanation I can think of. foreheadslap.gif

It's a $10 book at best in that grade. I paid much less than $53 for a 7.0.

They are bidding based on the magical 'NM" in the description or they are shills. Either way, a knowledgable collector isn't going to shell out more than $10 for that book.

Good thing it isn't a postage stamp picture, otherwise these people would have the bidding at $530 instead of $53!
sign-funnypost.gif

Larry

Not so funny when you think about because he might be right. tonofbricks.gif

They are bidding based on the magical 'NM" in the description or they are shills. Either way, a knowledgable collector isn't going to shell out more than $10 for that book.

I don't belive that "madbomber" joker is a shill. He's beat me out with insane bids on other auctions from other sellers. crazy.gif