• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ms. Marvel #1 Variants

44 posts in this topic

Alright so far I've gone to 3 LCS, and all three sold out. And get this BS. I got to my main LCS (where I get my stuff pulled) and notice he doesn't have any out. So I go up to check out and I ask him "So, you get any of those Turner editions of Ms Marvel?" And you know what he says, "No I didn't get any in."

CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT??? He lied straight to my freaking face, unreal. I've been to this shop for awhile, and this guy lied right to my face.

I managed to get the last copy of the sketch cover at my lcs in Phoenix. I was told they only got 2 in . acclaim.gifdevil.gif I normally don't get a chance to get these and once I saw it I had to have it. It has the original art feel to it. angel.gif

I managed to get the last copy of the sketch cover at my lcs in Phoenix. I was told they only got 2 in . acclaim.gifdevil.gif I normally don't get a chance to get these and once I saw it I had to have it. It has the original art feel to it. angel.gif

How much did ya pay?

Anybody from the midwest get one through their LCS? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Did a quick search on eBay, and found only one seller (new as of 2/27/2006) selling the variants within 150 miles of where I live. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Distribution problem? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Did a quick search on eBay, and found only one seller (new as of 2/27/2006) selling the variants within 150 miles of where I live. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'm from Chicago, and I went to 4 comic shops. All of them sold out.

I'm from Chicago, and I went to 4 comic shops. All of them sold out.

So, they had them, then.

Just means it wasn't ordered in sufficient quantities for the incentive variants to kick in in any meaningful way? confused-smiley-013.gif

The Aspen Store(aspenstore.com) has the sketch cover for 59.99 and the color for 34.99. Rupps Comics(ruppsworld.com) has the sketch cover for 37.99 and the color for 16.99.

Thats odd because I thought Chris Rupp pretty much WAS the Aspen Store unless things changed over the past six months. confused.gif

The Aspen Store(aspenstore.com) has the sketch cover for 59.99 and the color for 34.99. Rupps Comics(ruppsworld.com) has the sketch cover for 37.99 and the color for 16.99.

Thats odd because I thought Chris Rupp pretty much WAS the Aspen Store unless things changed over the past six months. confused.gif

Marvel kills my interest in another book with this kind of crapola...

And, yes, I know it isn't Marvel asking these kind of prices, but they are enabling it.

So let me get this straight. You are no longer intrested in this story because you cannot buy one of the VARIANTS that was produced. Just get the normal issue. It's the same story.

I just didn't understand what's going on with variants... I have a comic in my pull list like IC or other, and I don't care what cover is... I bought the comic for the story... confused-smiley-013.gif

You know, If my LCS gives me a variant (paying cover price), and I could sell that variant for a lot of money, I would and buy the normal cover... but I'm not im pay a lot for a variant and sell it for another more... confused-smiley-013.gif

To want it because the artist on the cover is one thing but Fan4fan is no longer intrested in the series because he couldn't get one of the variants. That just seems wrong to me.

To want it because the artist on the cover is one thing but Fan4fan is no longer intrested in the series because he couldn't get one of the variants. That just seems wrong to me.

You are correct, sir!

I was incomplete.

I bought the Giant-Size Ms. Marvel (and who wouldn't devil.gif) and was impressed with the art and story.

However, I found the art and story lacking in #1... and - in addition - felt that the whole variant thing was just icing on this mediocre cake.

I'm not not picking the book up because of the lack of access to variants. However, had there been one of the variants available I may have been more inclined to take the book home and give it a more thorough review. I simply did not like the Cho cover (odd, since I normally can't stand Turner) enough.