• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ultimate Spider-Man Prices

129 posts in this topic

Man of Steel, follow your own advice and "Don't be a weenie!".

mad.gif

I bid on hundreds of auctions each week, and many are auctions ran by board members here. I bid to keep track of the auctions, and also to try and get good deals. My bids are always in good faith. If I win an auction, I'm more than willing to pay for it. I usually bid a low amount on items I'm not extremely interested in, and higher amounts for books I really want. If I win the lower priced items, I'm usually happy because I feel I got a bargain on the book. This is NOT shill bidding!

snizzenfixit:You have been defensive and nasty at times, just like you were here

snizzenfixit: I never said a word to you about you style of posting.

See the above for "never said a word" about style crazy.gif Nasty? Can you be more specific please? Defensive? Yes, when in a debate, I am defensive. Debates are defensive by nature, if you can't defend your position, then you don't have a position. Am I the only one that has been defensive here? It seems to me that others have taken more to the defense on this issue. Have you thought about what I am defending? Do you purchase items on eBay? If so, then I am defending you.

Phil, I already apologized for any misunderstanding, and yet you still decided to rip me by questioning my motives and calling my comments "nasty" in this thread and others. Several things have been said in this thread that suggest what eBay defines as shill bidding. If you want me to provide the quotes, then I certainly can. People other than yourself admit that it might seem/appear that way, but that it's not the case. The thing is, I really don't "know" anybody posting here, so I have to takes things at face value.

Bonds25: Man of Steel, follow your own advice and "Don't be a weenie!".

How sad, you couldn't see the humor in the combination of my avatar and sig. frown.gif

You wouldn't want to be the "weenie" that Wolvie's claw is stuck through would you? laugh.gif Look out he's about to take a bite! laugh.gif

What's up doc? tongue.gif

I never took your comment out of context. I just responded to it in that manner to make sure other people didn't take your comment in the wrong way (ex. MOS). I just wanted to make sure that Darth's credibility as a seller was not hurt that's all. smile.gif

Phil, I already apologized for any misunderstanding, and yet you still decided to rip me by questioning my motives and calling my comments "nasty" in this thread and others.

This is unbelievable. Yeah you apologized, then 20 minutes later you wrote another post stating how my post was "uncalled for". Well I am not gonna play this stupid game. You want to argue? Find someone else to do it with. I started out here giving you the benefit of the doubt. That was a mistake that will not be repeated. In fact, you guys were all correct, MOS is one of those people who has nothing better to do than report people for shill bidding who are not guilty. Does that satisfy you?

Phil

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out who the weenie is

This is unbelievable. Yeah you apologized, then 20 minutes later you wrote another post stating how my post was "uncalled for". Well I am not gonna play this stupid game. You want to argue? Find someone else to do it with. I started out here giving you the benefit of the doubt. That was a mistake that will not be repeated. In fact, you guys were all correct, MOS is one of those people who has nothing better to do than report people for shill bidding who are not guilty. Does that satisfy you?

Phil, the conclusion of your post suggests that you do wish to continue in an argument. I've already told DARTH, and now I'll tell you, I've ONLY reported ONE seller to eBay in the past TWO years for shill bidding, and it was painfully obvious. I'm NOT one of those guys that have nothing better to do, what would I possibly stand to gain? Everyone is innocent until PROVEN to be guilty. I don't personally know anyone here and the following statements that have been made in this thread that can lead people to wonder what this board could be used for.

rickdogg: "I always bid on Darth's books to get a peak at the auction end price"

Bonds25: "Yep, me too. I bid on most of the stuff that is listed on these boards, usually just to help out my fellow board members."

rickdogg: "LMAO, I have some bronze age x-mens up with no reserve if you want to bid HAHAHHAHAHAHA."

Bonds25: "Done! laugh.gif"

rickdogg: "LMAO I noticed wink.gif With no reserves lets see where they go laugh.gif"

Doc: "I assume this is a typo, rdogg, but the way it reads is totally different. laugh.gif Sounds like an admission of shilling. laugh.gif"

rickdogg: "lmao not shilling just putting in a small bid amount to watch the auction so i dont have to put it on my Full watch list laugh.gif De-lekkerste does it all of the time too laugh.gif I just noticed since we both bid on x-mens a lot. laugh.gif"

delekkerste: "As Ricky says, I often put in a bid at the minimum or one increment higher that is easily overtaken so I don't have to fill up my Watch List. Sometimes that bid is never overtaken and I end up getting stuck with the merchandise, but that's life, not shill bidding. I should re-emphasize that there must be *collusion with the seller* for the practice of shilling to be present."

Doc: "Sorry if my in jest post, punctuated with smiley icons, left any doubt."

DARTHDIESEL: "MOS, where did Gene (delekkerste) say that he bids on his OWN auctions???"

DARTHDIESEL: "No harm done Doc - it seems that MOS may be an aggressive anti-shiller, (like most of us here), but should read the threads a little more accurately before jumping the gun."

DARTHDIESEL: "Rdogg may have given the wrong impression. Gene bids on a lot of auctions across the board. He does not do it to raise the price, nor does he renege on any of them, regardless of how ludicrously high, IMO , the ending price."

DARTHDIESEL: "My problem is that to people like MOS who are

UNCLEAR on applying the definition of shill bidding and goes off half cocked reporting honest sellers to eBay, can cause major problems for any seller because eBay will suspend them indefinitely until the seller can prove he has no nexus to the "crime" of shilling. Here, ebay treats the seller as guilty until proven innocent."

There, are you happy now Phil, I would NOT have posted that had you NOT changed your mind about me (which obviously didn't take much), and accused me of having nothing better to do than report innocent people to eBay. So you guys can hate me if you want, believe whatever you want, apart from any hate or false beliefs directed to me, I am one of the good guys.

Hmmm, so I bid on Rickdogg's auctions that had NO reserve and am now high bidder. So, if I win the auctions, I HAVE to pay for them. A definite sign of shill bidding to me. LMAO!

Is it time once again for a "biggest pr*ck on the boards" contest??

Good guy, huh? IMO, you still do not have a clue. The marketplace forum is a place for sellers or buyers to interact outside eBay, make deals on and off eBay. Your good intentions are misplaced in lecturing those here on shill bidding. I think you also can't read between the lines and understand simple jest, sarcasm and humor. Your posts above can in no way be misconstrued as shill bidding.

Try writing "peak" as "peek" - rdogg's spelling is horrible because is Fresh Off the Boat tongue.gif There's your clue...your railing here on this topic is misdirected and unappreciated. I just call it like I see it. Go fight the good fight out on eBay, not here where everyone plays by the rules.

See there ya go wink.gif That's why I responded to Doc's post in the first place. Obviously some people (hint hint) don't understand the true meaning of shilling.

When I told Bonds25 to bid on my X-mens, I meant for him to bid if he wants the items. As a matter of fact he bid on my Hulk #180 a few weeks back and won it shocked.gif He paid me, I sent the book, and we both exchanged positive feedback. HOW IS THAT SHILLING?

MOS, obviously you have a 1 star rating on this board because you come off as a jack . To tell you the truth I never liked the smell of you from the get go & I sure as hell don't like you even more now after your comments on this whole matter. Take off that Wolvie avatar. You are disgracing the X-Men! GO back to your old boy in blue with tights. mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

Matt,

Hmm, why did you also bid on my Hulk #34 cgc 9.6???? I didn't tell you to "shill" on that; just my X-mens. Man, what a person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point! smirk.gif Yes, I think we have a new winner for the biggest [!@#%^&^] award.

Hey MOS, not to be a stereotype, but are you from the east coast? smirk.gif