• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paypal question...

6 posts in this topic

You receive an item that is not as described. You have done everything you can to work with the seller to prove that the item was not as described. He disagrees. What can one expect from the Paypal claim filing process? I've never gone through it before. Experiences?

And might I be better off going through my credit card directly?

Well, there's been a couple of threads about this type of situation just recently. Basically, if you're talking about grading comics, where in the seller says the books are "X" grade and you feel they are "Z" grade, then Paypal should ask you for a written appraisal from a third party. At least, it has for the two cases that were on here. Both went to local comic shops to get the books graded and got signed responses and sent it in to Paypal. One guy still lost out and one got his money back on the condition he returned the books to the seller (Paypal had also requested the tracking number to verify the seller got the books back). Good luck. thumbsup2.gif

If the guy is a real about it and you are not satisfied,

1) Can he prove delivery?

If not, claim to PP you never received it, they will issue you a refund and send it back to the seller.

chances are best 50/50 Paypal will ultimately decide in your favor. It will also be a lot of work to meet conditions for them to render a decision. Then by the time they decide you'll be past the 60 days since purchase time frame for disputing a charge on your credit card. If you win, you also need to worrry about sendin your books back, proving it, and having money in the seller's paypal count to pay you.

Dispute the purchase with your CC company and tell Paypal nothing. In the meantime clean out your Paypal account so they can't F- with you. Paypal will give you a hard time because you won't work with them to resolve it, but so what.

chances are best 50/50 Paypal will ultimately decide in your favor. It will also be a lot of work to meet conditions for them to render a decision. Then by the time they decide you'll be past the 60 days since purchase time frame for disputing a charge on your credit card. If you win, you also need to worrry about sendin your books back, proving it, and having money in the seller's paypal count to pay you.

Dispute the purchase with your CC company and tell Paypal nothing. In the meantime clean out your Paypal account so they can't F- with you. Paypal will give you a hard time because you won't work with them to resolve it, but so what.

Well, as I mentioned earlier in one of the previous cases the guy won the dispute and Paypal did give him his money back and covered the cost of shipping the books back. He had to give a tracking number to them so they could also determine that the seller got back the books but again, he got back all the money he put out. I admit it's annoying to have to jump through hoops to get resolution but it was the honest way to go. Going the other route could bit ya in the butt some time down the road.