• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JIM #112 cgc 9.6..predictions?

76 posts in this topic

I still think its the same book. The white area you are seeing under the purple box on the 9.6 is not the cover, it's the pages. The scan of the 9.6 has been whitened so you can't tell the difference. That's my current theory.

Red

Not sure what you are getting at Red. It doesn't appear to be the same book to me. But then, you may be getting at something different...

Look down at the purple box on the bottom... on the left side gossip.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Not sure what you are getting at Red. It doesn't appear to be the same book to me. But then, you may be getting at something different...

Look down at the purple box on the bottom... on the left side gossip.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I was wondering how long it would take....... smirk.gif

It's an illusion. It's the bottom edge of pages sticking out under the cover. There's no more paper there on the cover than there was before. In the 9.2, you can see the pages clearly, but in the 9.6, like I said the scan is more bleached out and you can't clearly see the distinction between cover and pages, and the fact the the ID mark of the seller is right smack on top of the right side of the bottom edge of the book makes it even more obscured.

I think it must become standard procedure to check the Heritage archives any time a 9.4 or 9.6 of a silver age book comes up for sale. Just to see if by chance the book had an earlier incarnation as a book with a lower grade.

You might decide you want it, you might decide you want to lower your maximum bid, or you might decide in disgust you want no part of the game. Whatever choice you make, make it an informed one.

Red

You might decide you want it, you might decide you want to lower your maximum bid, or you might decide in disgust you want no part of the game. Whatever choice you make, make it an informed one.

Exactly, and please remember, if you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I actually have to agree with Red on this one. I had both images in my photoshop and they are Identical in shape and everything lines up exactly. One is lighter is the only difference. Heck they even have the exact same inner well "splotch" from where the comic is against the slab's inner well. This is in the lower Purple box left side. They are exactly the same shape.

It is the same book no doubt.

Artboy99