• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JIM #112 cgc 9.6..predictions?

76 posts in this topic

Then again, they were brazen enough to base an entire song off one of my favorite poems. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hell, they are a great band no matter their faults. cloud9.gif

I respect Geddy because the man can sing, play bass, and also play keyboards all at once! The band was ahead of its time.

You have to admit that some of their lyrics are questionable too. I mean, have you LISTENED to "The Trees" or "Dog Years"? Ugh.

"Cause the maples scream oppression, while the oaks ignore their pleas". Come on man, that's Neil Peart being deep!

too slow Christo_pull_hair.gif

Yes, but I was being sarcastic. poke2.gif

You have to admit that some of their lyrics are questionable too. I mean, have you LISTENED to "The Trees" or "Dog Years"? Ugh.

"Cause the maples scream oppression, while the oaks ignore their pleas". Come on man, that's Neil Peart being deep!

Isn't it "Cause the maples scream oppression, while the oaks just shake their heads"?

Wait. Nevermind. I don't think I want people to know my intimate familiarity with lyrics that bad. 27_laughing.gif

I'm pretty sure some type of tree is ignoring somebody's pleas in that song. foreheadslap.gif

too slow Christo_pull_hair.gif

Yes, but I was being sarcastic. poke2.gif

27_laughing.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I respect Geddy because the man can sing, play bass, and also play keyboards all at once! The band was ahead of its time.

Saying Geddy can "play bass" is like saying Pavarotti "can sing". The dude is the best rock bassist there is, and the fact that he's singing at the same time is just stupefying. hail.gif

Saying Geddy can "play bass" is like saying Pavarotti "can sing". The dude is the best rock bassist there is, and the fact that he's singing at the same time is just stupefying. hail.gif

That's because someone forgot to tell him that the instrument in his hands was a bass and not an electric guitar. hail.gif

(currently listening to The Big Money)

That's because someone forgot to tell him that the instrument in his hands was a bass and not an electric guitar. hail.gif

(currently listening to The Big Money)

hail.gifhail.gif

Three areas that stand out and are exactly the same with these two books that I noticed:

First the purple box hickey. Exactly the same and in same location.

JIM1129.jpg

Second, the "E" hickey dot. Exactly the same and in same location.

jim112e.jpg

Lastly and perhaps the best sign, since some do not believe the matching hickeys are proof positive; on the right edge you will see a light white diagonal line or blemish extend into the book. I reviewed two other high grade slabbed Jim #112s and found this mark to be exclusive to these two books.

jin112rightside.jpg

Hickeys will always be in the same spot cause it [embarrassing lack of self control] stuck on the plate,as for the line then that could determine if it's the same book...even if it is,what differance does it make? The book is not worth buying anymore cause someone had it regraded and came back higher? Glad I'm leaving this hobby.

So where exactly did I say the book "is not" worth buying? I was just pointing out that it is the same book. Image 3 should be enough to prove that to you minus the first two hickey images.

The facts are that higher graded books are worth more. Slabbed or raw, that is the case. That's why there are price guides and different prices for different grades. So, sure the book is worth buying, but not worth full 9.6 price values based on knowing it was a former 9.2. If you feel differnetly, bid away by all means.

Yeah,....I'm waiting for the board member who's going to pop in a $5,000 bid on a book that sold for $750 three and half years ago. Talk is cheap. Let's see the money.

yeahok.gif