• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

To the Bat.. errr... Modern Poll!

Marvel's House of M, or DC's Infinite Crisis?  

243 members have voted

1. 1. Marvel's House of M, or DC's Infinite Crisis?

14 posts in this topic

It's funny, cause growing up I was such a Marvel fan. Still am to a degree but I've been getting into more and more DC stuff over the last few years. House of M was okay, but it was more of a rehash of "Alternate Unviverse" stuff. The best thing about it has been the ending since it has depleted the mutant population. On the other hand, I thoroughly enjoyed Identity Crisis and Infinite Crisis. I think those have been the best mini-series I've read in a while. New Avengers is okay, but I prefer my classic Avengers. Let's bring back those galaxy spanning stories. And lets get some more classic Avengers to the team. Bring back Thor dammit! 27_laughing.gif

Just like Avengers, you just have to be excited to see the new JLA line up. I've been following JLA since their relaunch in 1996. I think it was probably the best time for JLA fans ever. Lots of great stories, great writers, and great artists have been in/on this book.

Jim Lee.. 'nuffsaid.

I picked:

House of M over Identity Crisis. I did not read the original Crisis but this new Crisis is not as confusing as I thought it would be. The Jim Lee covers are what truely sold me on this event. I like Coipel's art. That is why I picked HOM.

Jim Lee Rocks. I am sure Adams rocks as hard but I haven't seen much from him.

New Avengers over Avengers. I was never a big Avengers fan but David Finch penciled some nice looking NA issues. Not sure if I am going to stick around for Deodato Jr.

Quesada because I read more Marvel stuff.

Most looking forward to:

JLA. Ed Benes on pencils!

My second pick would be Finch on Moon Knight.

I picked:

House of M over Identity Crisis. I did not read the original Crisis but this new Crisis is not as confusing as I thought it would be. The Jim Lee covers are what truely sold me on this event. I like Coipel's art. That is why I picked HOM.

Jim Lee Rocks. I am sure Adams rocks as hard but I haven't seen much from him.

New Avengers over Avengers. I was never a big Avengers fan but David Finch penciled some nice looking NA issues. Not sure if I am going to stick around for Deodato Jr.

Quesada because I read more Marvel stuff.

Most looking forward to:

JLA. Ed Benes on pencils!

My second pick would be Finch on Moon Knight.

Exact opposite of each of my picks. Must be I'm an old school DC guy though.

Interesting numbers 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The IC blowout against HoM was kinda expected. Marvel hasn't put out a good, universal, epic mini-series since... well, maybe ever.

I was surprised by the numbers for Neal Adams. I figured there would be way more Jim Lee fans here.

Kinda surprised by Old Avengers over New, given the hype and sales numbers for NA. I recently re-read the first arc in HC TPB, and was taken aback by the poor writing and hooks Bendis used (more than usual), some even stolen from DC books. Art is pretty though.

Dan over Joe. Substance over hype thumbsup2.gif

Wow, lot of people looking forward to 52! I am kind of leaning towards JLA myself, but have ordered the first 4 issues of 52 to see how it goes. I will probably buy the Civil War series, but not the crossovers. Same with Annihilation. Definitely onboard for Moon Knight smile.gifthumbsup2.gif

Wow, lot of people looking forward to 52! I am kind of leaning towards JLA myself, but have ordered the first 4 issues of 52 to see how it goes. I will probably buy the Civil War series, but not the crossovers. Same with Annihilation. Definitely onboard for Moon Knight smile.gifthumbsup2.gif

it was a tough call on the JLA v 52 set. I'm really looking forward to both and am down for both at my LCS...but I can see 52 being worthy of dropping pretty quick if they don't bring something interesting to the table right away...so being the old time JLA fan, i had to pick that.

Annihlation interests me, but I'm just gonna wait for the trades....probably same for Civil War. I can only handle 1 mega-event per year, and i'm still working with DC on IC on that.

1. Infinite Crisis (but not by much; I can't say that its been stellar)

2. I love Jim Lee (but really only because I haven't actually seen any Neal Adams Batman work in person)

3. New Avengers, baby! (I was never a fan of the Avengers at all until now)

4. Dan the Man for now, somewhat by default

5. Moon Knight!!!