• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alan Moore on BBC

14 posts in this topic

Did anyone from the UK see the Alan Moore "interview" on the BBC Culture show last night.

It seemed more like he wanted an opportunity to slag off Hollywood in preparation for V for Vendetta being released, but there were a few interesting bits.

They said you could download the show but I think it will only work if you are in the UK. I think this is the link:

web page

Did anyone from the UK see the Alan Moore "interview" on the BBC Culture show last night.

It seemed more like he wanted an opportunity to slag off Hollywood in preparation for V for Vendetta being released, but there were a few interesting bits.

They said you could download the show but I think it will only work if you are in the UK. I think this is the link:

web page

Thanks for that.

Alan looks like a tramp! Mind you he's looked like that for 20 years. Still a genius.

Yeah it will only work if you are in the UK as we pay a license fee for the BBC and all it's services.

Even though you didn't learn much that you already knew about Moore, it was an amusing little piece - he did have a point about the LOEG and From Hell films being travesties.

He didn't exactly do much for Northampton's profile, either, although it is basically as he decribed it...

Even though you didn't learn much that you already knew about Moore, it was an amusing little piece - he did have a point about the LOEG and From Hell films being travesties.

I liked LOEG. I saw the movie before reading the mini and it worked for me as an enjoyable film. From Hell as well (I've never read the series).

But with that said...I can see how Moore could be mad at the results if they didn't follow his book. But then again, when has Moore ever been happy when others either translated his work into other mediums or even reprints? Moore in my mind has a problem with anyone touching the comics he's written. And if he wants to work in the comics biz, he needs to accept this fact unless he wants to self-publish...

Jim

I liked LOEG. I saw the movie before reading the mini and it worked for me as an enjoyable film. From Hell as well (I've never read the series).

But with that said...I can see how Moore could be mad at the results if they didn't follow his book. But then again, when has Moore ever been happy when others either translating his work or even reprints? Moore in my mind has a problem with anyone touching the comics he's written. And if he wants to work in the comics biz, he needs to accept this fact unless he wants to self-publish...

Jim

He certainly does have a problem - I imagine if they ever made a Watchmen film and it garnered endless praise and awards for being innovative, pushing the envelope and managing to remain faithful to the source material, that Moore would still be unhappy. Assuming he hadn't disowned the film, along with refusing money he's rightfully entitled to.

Shame he can't swallow his pride and act as a consultant or screenwriter for that project.

I recorded it....will watch it in a few hours...Can't wait.

I've never heard his voice, I'm hoping for a strong brummy accent 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

You'll definitely hear a very strong Northampton brogue, which is pretty similar to Brummie.

" Unfortunately BBC Two video content is only available to users within the UK. We're sorry for any disappointment." yeahok.gif

cs_alan_moore360x202.jpg

:shudder:

Find a UK proxy server and surf through that... confused-smiley-013.gif

god damn is he ever ugly,man can write though..ya I agree with alot of the people on here,if your going to work in comics with mainstream superheroes then just suck it up and work with the people who want to bring your writing to film,cash the check,stop whining and have a great life.

I'm a big fan, but I get very weary of Moore's tedious stance on everything. Possibly motivated by the blatant disregard of what must be hundreds of thousands in royalties he passes on...

Do you think he's a millionaire from comics?

BTW, I met him once, on the Watchman TPB signing tour way back in 1987. I was only 15 at he time and man he was scary... J.K Rowling based Hagrid on him apparently.