• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do any of you own "1 and only" top census books??

426 posts in this topic

I have a lot of other books that are 1 of two copies and of the three Marvel Presents #1, I have the only two with white pages There are 4 9.8s now with three having white pages - I still have my two. :P

It was only a matter of time with that issue and really most the issues on your list. But in regards to MP #1, it is very easy to find raw in HG...

Jim

Yeah, Matt Nelson sold the third 9.8 white pager to surface. There's sure to be more in the future. Aside from my Iceman #1 10.0 (which has a chance of holding), all of them should have unslabbed company out there just waiting for someone to submit them.

In the meantime though, I'll enjoy them plenty while they're all by themselves in the top census. :banana:

I'll have to go back through again and double check my list as they did a census update shortly after my post. :P

Yeah, I know my Avengers 117 is no longer a one-and-only. But here's a new book in my collection that is

MarvelTales99CGC98OWW.jpg

Only have 2:

Would you like a third?

wow that's nice...and Doom even. No $ left though...it all goes to the FFs. booo

Yeah, I thought of your Doom/FF collection when I got it and remembered it again when I saw your post.

Most, but not all, of my TODs are tied for top CGC census. Recently, I have seen several "one and only" books demoted to sharing top census.

I still have four TODs that are one and only in my opinion.

TOD # 2 in 9.8

TOD #11 in 9.8

TOD #37 in 9.8

AND

TOD #39 in 9.8 - for this book, there is one other #39 in 9.8, however, it is "restored."

Most, but not all, of my TODs are tied for top CGC census. Recently, I have seen several "one and only" books demoted to sharing top census.

I still have four TODs that are one and only in my opinion.

TOD # 2 in 9.8

TOD #11 in 9.8

TOD #37 in 9.8

AND

TOD #39 in 9.8 - for this book, there is one other #39 in 9.8, however, it is "restored."

Welcome! I have admired your killer TOD run on the Registry for quite a while. I was going to work on that run myself a while back after I finished my X-Men run but I got sidetracked by a new baby and I think I have just one book - 67 in 9.8 but at least it is a one-and-only!

Thanks WBC!

When I started collecting the TODs, I thought it would probably take years and years to put a great run together, but it's only taken about two and a half years to get the set to nearing 90% complete. It's surprising how many high grade issues come on the market, even the rarer ones like TODs 1 to 9 in 9.6 or higher. Of course, you have to be willing to grab them. I'm certainly not in this to make money. I had to pay $875.00 a couple of weeks ago to win a TOD #6 in 9.8 on eBay. Then, this past week, I picked up a TOD #7 in 9.8 AND a TOD #8 in 9.8 for $800.00 for the pair. Go figure.

Good luck with your new baby!

Thanks WBC!

Good luck with your new baby!

Thanks Poinred. I've bought him a comic for his first Christmas and his first birthday and I have another for his second Christmas so I'm hoping he'll be the next gerneration of collector in my household :wishluck:

I'm certainly not in this to make money.

I totally understand that! Collecting top census, one-and-only books is for the thrill only because there is almost certainly going to be a second copy some day. I love the Amazing Adventures Beast run in 11-17 and I think that is why I have always admired your TOD run because I could see that same dedication & love.