• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do any of you own "1 and only" top census books??

426 posts in this topic

Sorting thru some CGC books today and came across a really cool Adams cover (is this late silver or early bronze 12/69?). In any event, looked at the census and found that this Phantom Stranger #4 CGC 9.2 is the one and only top census book. Is this Adams issue really that tough in ultra high grade or is it just lack of submissions? I had sold a VF/NM raw copy on Ebay some years back and received a great price so I assume there is demand for this issue (I just don't see it for sale in high grade very often confused-smiley-013.gif ). Do any others out there own 1 and only top census copies you would like to share or comment on?

ps4.jpg

Sorting thru some CGC books today and came across a really cool Adams cover (is this late silver or early bronze 12/69?). In any event, looked at the census and found that this Phantom Stranger #4 CGC 9.2 is the one and only top census book. Is this Adams issue really that tough in ultra high grade or is it just lack of submissions? I had sold a VF/NM raw copy on Ebay some years back and received a great price so I assume there is demand for this issue (I just don't see it for sale in high grade very often confused-smiley-013.gif ). Do any others out there own 1 and only top census copies you would like to share or comment on?

ps4.jpg

Could be lack of submissions. Unless its a dark colored, low interest book it hard to imagine it not being because of the lack of submissions. I just got a graded GI JoE #9 in a 9.8 that I thought would be harder to find then #21. Its the one and only 9.8. cloud9.gif

Could be lack of submissions. Unless its a dark colored, low interest book it hard to imagine it not being because of the lack of submissions. I just got a graded GI JoE #9 in a 9.8 that I thought would be harder to find then #21. Its the one and only 9.8.

Sweet!! That has to be a thrill when your book comes back top and "only" census graded copy. I've had several Adams issues come back top grade tied with other books though.

Sweet!! That has to be a thrill when your book comes back top and "only" census graded copy.

If I ever get off my hass and submit my stack of 35-cent variants, I bet I'll have quite a few Top Census Copies.

IF is the operative word..

I wonder if there is any trend to go along with circulation numbers.

More likely warehouse finds.

Phantom Stranger is one of the few DC titles I collect gossip.gif and I haven't found these "hard to find" in raw HG.

the early issues?

Personally I've had no luck finding a raw hg 4. Not that I've been looking too hard, but it's an issue that interests me and I've never seen it locally above vg. yeahok.gif

the early issues?

Personally I've had no luck finding a raw hg 4. Not that I've been looking too hard, but it's an issue that interests me and I've never seen it locally above vg. yeahok.gif

gossip.gif

4 is real tough in HG (only 3 copies on the census although it's the 2nd most valuable issue in the run), as are the 10 and 13. When I got the early list for the Oakland collection, both the 4 and 10 were already gone (or not there in the 1st place).

The 52-pagers and later issues are relatively common...I had the 1st 9.6 of issue #1 to hit the census, sold it to Jay Parino.

ps196.jpg

I think I had that issue beforehand, as I've always liked Adams. confused-smiley-013.gif

I have a raw PS4 in 9.4 and a raw 10 in 9.2(someone just asked me about a trade just the other day). 893scratchchin-thumb.gif And that 9.6 #1 is awesome. I've been looking for a 1 in 9.2/9.4 for a year and a half. And if the later issues are so plentiful, why can't I find a 40 in 9.4? frustrated.gif

I used to have the only 9.8 of PS 14 for about a year and then Rosa came along and tied me. So now I share the honor. I've been trying to move the 9.8 since I got a raw, but apparently the only one willing to spend the asking price already bought theirs, and I've been asking far less. confused-smiley-013.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gifm census shows no SS of new teen titans #2. I got one coming that i called and it was a 9.4 signed by perez. Maybe nobody but me wants writing on their 1st deathstroke

Census also shows JSA Classified #1 second printing (i'm guessing 2nd print is the hughes cover?) having 3 SS 9.8. Wonder how many of those have all three sigs hughes, connor and palmiotti, got one of those coming too.

the early issues?

If you get those gold and silver Nintendo Wc carts. youll have something most people will never have!

yeah... I have a friend who has both a gold and a grey and we were talking about doing a deal in december and when I came back from vacation he was not answering emails yeahok.gif

good guy but not so reliable frustrated.gif

Let's see...

According to current census:

Black Panther #11 cgc 9.8

Champions #3 cgc 9.8..there are two, but mine is the only one with white pages

Devil Dinosaur #8 cgc 9.8...only Devil Dino #8 to be graded

Eternals #12 cgc 9.8

Eternals #18 cgc 9.8

Godzilla #7 cgc 9.8

Godzilla #8 cgc 9.8

Godzilla #10 cgc 9.8

Godzilla #13 cgc 9.8

Godzilla #21 cgc 9.8

Human Fly #6 cgc 9.8

Human Fly #13 cgc 9.8

Human Fly #17 cgc 9.8

Human Fly #19 cgc 9.8

Iceman (1984) #1 cgc 10.0

Machine Man #5 cgc 9.8

Man From Atlantis #4 cgc 9.8

Marvel Presents #1 cgc 9.8...there are 3 9.8s, but I own the only two with white pages.

Spider-Woman #9 cgc 9.8

Tarzan #4 cgc 9.8...only Tarzan #4 to be graded.

Tarzan #14 cgc 9.8...only Tarzan #14 to be graded.

Tarzan #16 cgc 9.8...only Tarzan #16 to be graded.

Tarzan #17 cgc 9.8

Tarzan #24 cgc 9.8

Worlds Unknown #3 cgc 9.8

That's pretty much it. Nothing major or expensive, just my BA passion.