• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just wanted to introduce myself

36 posts in this topic

welcome matey! marvel silver age is my bag also! To answer your query from another thread that spidey 9 isn't for sale at this time! Hopefully never! Make sure to check out the silver age cover contest! We need ditko and kirby fans to stand up and be counted!

I don't know who all went to the Sacramento con today, but I have to say, this was the second worst time for me. I had a heckuva time finding any marvels in decent shape. The only other time I did worse was when I left almost empty handed, except for copies of the Harbinger and Rai TPB's for $5 a piece. Now those early valiants are some good reads.

-Chris

I guess I could have said a little more about myself huh? I'm very into silver age marvel, and I dabble in golden age dc when I can afford it. I haven't actively collected comics for quite some time, instead opting for Marvel Masterworks and DC Archives. I was around when cgc first started grading, but it just didn't seem like something I wanted to invest in at the time. Now I have a little more disposable income, and it seems like a fun way to spend it. I also collect records and japanese toys to pass the time between work, sleep and my family. I think that about covers me, what about you.

-Chris

What kind of Japanese toys do you collect? I've had a field day collecting since comming to Japan.

Scheradon,

I'm into a lot fo the new Kaiju companies like Secret Base, Gargamel, RealxHead, etc,. Got anything like that, or are you into more vintage stuff like Ultraman and Godzilla?

-Chris

I collect a lot of Godzilla, Microman, Soul of Chogokin (especially any of the characters released as Shogun Warriors in the States when I was a kid), and basically anything else that strikes me as looking pretty cool.

I do have some vintage stuff in my collection, but most of what I've acquired here has been new stuff off the shelves.

I'm not very familiar with Kaiju, but just looked some up on eBay and recognize it now. They have a lot of those figures here. I've thought about picking some of that stuff up for my eBay auctions, but have always sticked to names I've known such as Godzilla, Microman, SOC, Gundam models, Transformers, zoids, etc.

If there's any you are ever looking for let me know. I go on buying trips about every 1 to 2 weeks and can always check for you.

I don't know who all went to the Sacramento con today, but I have to say, this was the second worst time for me. I had a heckuva time finding any marvels in decent shape. The only other time I did worse was when I left almost empty handed, except for copies of the Harbinger and Rai TPB's for $5 a piece. Now those early valiants are some good reads.

-Chris

lol. I remember you I think. I have to say that most people probably didn't want to set up at Sacramento last Sunday. It was raining after all and rain makes for a pretty miserable time loading and unloading comics. (It's not great for the comics in the first place.) I personally had like an hour and a half of sleep and an hour and a half of driving each way for a six hour con... so it wasn't the best of times.

Some of those books you picked up may actually have come from fellow board members who were sharing some of my tables. (They did pretty well... Jeffreykli and Jimm94)

If you had told me you were looking for Pre-Unity Valiants, or TPBs, I could have hooked you up... wink.gif

I'm probably not setting up at Golden State after all... so HouseofComics, if you'd like to borrow two wombats, let me know. thumbsup2.gif

Other board members walking around... CW of Fantastic Comics. He has an incredible rack that he built himself. It's what you would call "over-engineered."

Welcome to the boards!

I think you bought the Strange Tales, Sgt. Fury, and maybe one of the TOS's from me. They were in my half price box.

Enjoy, and I hope you continue to participate on the boards!

Cheers,

-Jim