• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,349 posts in this topic

I think the 8.0 qualified copy on pedigree is a bargain given the notes. I bet the owner would take a grand if offered.

Action 59

I believe I've seen it listed at $1,300 before, but now it's back up to $1,500. So, maybe a $1,000 or $1,100 bid would take it. It certainly is a nice looking book.

thanks Brian, I'm of the Nearmint philosophy that no matter the book, all defects should be factored into the overall grade.. no green labels..just blue and purple......

oh and yellow.

thanks Brian, I'm of the Nearmint philosophy that no matter the book, all defects should be factored into the overall grade.. no green labels..just blue and purple......

oh and yellow.

This Nearmint philosophy you speak of... Is this some type of cult belief system of which you have become a member 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif

Seriously I agree with you, I could do without the green labels as well. I would like the Aciton 59 to be graded, factoring in all defects, given a blue label, and some grader notes about the centerfold on the label.

This Nearmint philosophy you speak of... Is this some type of cult belief system of which you have become a member 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif

27_laughing.gif yes, I have become a follower of Nearmints teachings and ways,,..

I just hope he doesn't make me drink the cool-aid. gossip.gif

27_laughing.gif

27_laughing.gif yes, I have become a follower of Nearmints teachings and ways,,..

You will soon have a overwhelming, almost uncontrollable desire to acquire high grade Nedors.

27_laughing.gif

You will soon have a overwhelming, almost uncontrollable desire to acquire high grade Nedors.

that's fine by me as long as I also aquire the need for his high grade Actions/Supermans insane.gif

With the help of Andy (a.k.a october, whose assistance has been invaluable), I'll be setting up a series of "group shots" soon. Flessel DCs, pre-Flessel DCs, all sorts of Centaur runs, early Whiz, early King Comics, Silver Streak, etc. It'll be fun.

893whatthe.gif

I tried to get a digital pic of my small (but growing) Batman collection. But it didn't work too well. I'll try again this weekend.

I think the 8.0 qualified copy on pedigree is a bargain given the notes. I bet the owner would take a grand if offered.

Action 59

Ok, so who just bought it? It now shows sale pending for $1,100?

wow !! that is crazy !! man they owe us some advertising fees..

Well, since I'm out of comics to photograph, I figured I'd start in on my Frank R. Paul cover collection. Here are probably the highlights of my collection... the poor, older, "second cousins" to golden age comics. The best part of these books is definately the covers. I love the subject matter that Paul chose to illustrate... complex machines, giant aliens, "space guns", giant insects... the list goes on...

1275458-paulgroup1POST.JPG

1275458-paulgroup1POST.JPG.1fcc8267f696393bf53c8915acee9002.JPG

Edited by RyanH

Thanks 143ksk... I actually got to see the original art for that cover, along with the cover art for WONDER two over from that one (the floating metallic globe), at Bob Lesser's Pulp Cover Art Exhibit in Brooklyn, a few years back.

Too bad I don't have a MARVEL #1 for my group shot...

I finally purchased a digital camera, and felt that this was the best way to break it in. smile.gif

Awesome! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I'll post some more when I get a chance.

popcorn.gif