• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,349 posts in this topic

Hey Scrooge,

The Bing Crosby cover was issue no. 41. I was a little apprehensive to open the book since the

pages were still slightly binding together but from what I can glean, there was no story on Bing.

I did see a nice bio on Otter Graham. thumbsup2.gif

Thank you for the info, HDude. I appreciate the effort!

Who is Otter Graham? confused-smiley-013.gif

Unfortunately, I'm only one major event (marriage, buying a house, etc.) from having to sell a bulk of my collection. When that day comes, some major sacrifices will have to be made. crazy.gif

Hmmm... maybe you should just sell off your doubles.... Jo-Jo 11 could go right? devil.gif

Unfortunately, I'm only one major event (marriage, buying a house, etc.) from having to sell a bulk of my collection. When that day comes, some major sacrifices will have to be made. crazy.gif

I've heard real estate is a good investment.....and what's that I hear? Wedding bells....pm me with your for sale list.... thumbsup2.gif

It's ok to take a loss if it's for a good cause.

Unfortunately no. I was actually engaged a few years back and had saved up some money for a house, but when it fell through, I used that money to start my comic book collection. Years later, my buying habbits have spiraled out of control, and I've spent way more than I originally anticipated. 893whatthe.gif

I am about ten issues away from completing my Tracy run.

Most of my collection is in storage so I could not get a picture of the complete grouping.

I was rummaging through a few boxes of my comics in storage and ran across

some more of these gems.

DickTracy.jpg

Who would have thought that rummaging could be so much fun? cloud9.gif

so, Skybolt- just curious here- how many slabs do you own? seems your collection is without end.

About 440 slabs total..........half of which are GA books. That being said, about 70 to 80 of the total are MA or BA books that are worth less than $30 each.

That Seven Seas 5 is not slabbed. You should immediately send it to Sacramento so it can join its fellow raw Seven Seas in my collection.

I know its a sacrifice on your part, but you should consider what's best for the book. You don't want your slabbed books making fun of its raw state an harming its self-esteem.

Hey Skybolt. I never get tired of looking at your collection. Keep it up. thumbsup2.gif

Thanks. thumbsup2.gif

By the way, those Tracy pics you posted are terrific. This has been a great thread to discover other people's collections. 893applaud-thumb.gif

That Seven Seas 5 is not slabbed. You should immediately send it to Sacramento so it can join its fellow raw Seven Seas in my collection.

There is a raw #5 in an ebay store right now - why don't you get that one?

Seven Seas #5

I think that's the copy I purchased from lee's comics about a month ago.

Seven Seas #5

That looks better than a VG, even taking the small scan into account. Can you post a scan when you get it, Skybolt?

Per Timulty's request: A small but hopefully entertaining stack

of Fiction House: DSC00452.jpg

I hope that it's o.k. to mention that some of these will be in

the marketplace later this evening to help finance my trip to

Ireland...

Dan

Seven Seas #5

That looks better than a VG, even taking the small scan into account. Can you post a scan when you get it, Skybolt?

Sure thing. The book in question is the same one I took a group pic of, but here's a larger sca:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I do agree that structurally the book looks like a 6.0/6.5, but it does have a stain on the inside cover, and a 1/4" hole in one of the inside story panels. That being said, I was happy with the book.

Per Timulty's request: A small but hopefully entertaining stack

of Fiction House: DSC00452.jpg

I hope that it's o.k. to mention that some of these will be in

the marketplace later this evening to help finance my trip to

Ireland...

Dan

Beautiful books Dan. Hope you get some good prices on those books, and enjoy your trip to Ireland. thumbsup2.gif