• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,349 posts in this topic

What does that mean Rick? Are you buying for him? Or do you jointly own the books?

hello all...

about 6 months ago, I was rummaging through some old boxes in the back of our warehouse, and found an old videotape...on this tape, circa 1992 through 1995 (this was before scanning technology was affordable), was my action 1-100, and my batman 1-300 run (put together from 88 to 95) that I had videotaped for insurance purposes...I took the tape to my office, and viewed it with my best customer, and he got all "excited" over the bat run ,and wondered what it would take to put one together..problem is, my customer can only spend about $2-3K a month, so we struck a deal that for a small percentage, i would "fund" the purchases as books in his criteria became available, and he is making time payments...once paid in full, the books are his, but until that time, technically they are mine, and I am having all the fun of putting the run together!..brings back memories (SD from 92 to 94, Tropic Comics, Metro in the pre Vincent days, Past Present and Future in WPB-where I got the action 1), and even the 225 I bought at a little ole store in New Orleans smile.gif

rick

My beginning to a Mary Marvel run... Anyone have a nice Capt. Marvel Adv. 18?

group3.jpg

No but I have this in case you need it...

wow11.jpg

That's a purty copy....almost makes me want to have it....what's the grade?

Nothing to sneeze at at all...awesome books, mate! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Sometime would love to see closeups of the Seven Seas & Startling...

Ditto for me. I know this is the "group" shot thread, but these books all deserve to be shown individually.....

Every time I think of doing a group shot somebody comes in and posts an incredible Batman or Supes run. Oh well. While not as nice as those they still make me happy...

My GGA run from Wings Comic

It may be a tiny set, but there those that love 'em anyway! Great books, 'poth! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I'm almost embarrased to post here with all the great collections that have been posted, but what I have is what I have. confused-smiley-013.gif

I've only been focused on Golden Age books for a couple years and don't have unlimited funds, so this constitutes my entire GA collection:

GAGroupShot.jpg

I'm looking forward to making this group grow!

I'm almost embarrased to post here with all the great collections that have been posted, but what I have is what I have. confused-smiley-013.gif

I've only been focused on Golden Age books for a couple years and don't have unlimited funds, so this constitutes my entire GA collection:

GAGroupShot.jpg

I'm looking forward to making this group grow!

893applaud-thumb.gif Very Nice!

My beginning to a Mary Marvel run... Anyone have a nice Capt. Marvel Adv. 18?

group3.jpg

No but I have this in case you need it...

wow11.jpg

That's a purty copy....almost makes me want to have it....what's the grade?

9.0, white pages, smells like cedar, came from an original owner high grade collection, I sold it many years ago, it had a staple pull. I bought it back a year or so ago and someone had supported the staple and but some color touch where they supported it. They should have left it alone because it was already nice. It is even more beautiful in person. Looks like a pedigree.

The Jumbo 31 coverless copy was the first GA book I ever bought. It's a Gerber 9 so I thought it was cool just to have a copy. Over the last 5 years I've managed to find three more copies. I really think a rating of "9" is appropriate because they never come around and I've had to pay through the nose for the last 2 copies I found. We all have collecting quirks, mine is to find an issue with only a few copies remaining and get them all!

I recently got the Camera Comics (all from one seller) and haven't sat down to read through the unslabbed copies. I did see that the middle section shows actual photos (WWII, etc.) and the rest is a couple stories about photographers who go around and stumble into adventures/crimes. Kinda like Peter Parker without the cool Spider-man factor. 27_laughing.gif