• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,349 posts in this topic

groupr.jpg

hello all...

hope to update this group shot with an incoming All Star 3, an Adventure 40 and my Detective 27 (maybe by mid Feb, I can have a new shot).....and, if Adam will let me, I will sneak in a soon to be co owned Superman 1 smile.gif

rick

HOLY *spoon* RICK

cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

HOLY *spoon* RICK

cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

hello all...

Ryan, the AM6 is for you smile.gif...after I saw your 5-11 run, I decided then and there, i would try to duplicate what you, and jon and steve and win (and likely others) already have...

thanks

rick

HOLY *spoon* RICK

hello all...

Ryan, the AM6 is for you smile.gif...after I saw your 5-11 run, I decided then and there, i would try to duplicate what you, and jon and steve and win (and likely others) already have...

thanks

rick

Why thanks Rick!! I think you got a good value on that #6. The entire 5-11 run is very strong, a beautiful example of prime golden age!! I have pawed through my mini run many times since I got the #5 ...

My prediction is that once you get into the A-MAN's, you'll want to delve into the early Timely's as well... those early A-MAN's read like an early MARVEL MYSTERY. Burgos, Everett, Gustavson, as well as Tarpe Mills, and I love the Frank Thomas "Chuck Hardy" feature as well. (i'm sure everyone is sick of hearing me run down the contents of the A-MAN books!!)

Of course, if you're not a "cracker", you'll never have the pleasure... poke2.gif

Why thanks Rick!! I think you got a good value on that #6. The entire 5-11 run is very strong, a beautiful example of prime golden age!! I have pawed through my mini run many times since I got the #5 ...

My prediction is that once you get into the A-MAN's, you'll want to delve into the early Timely's as well... those early A-MAN's read like an early MARVEL MYSTERY. Burgos, Everett, Gustavson, as well as Tarpe Mills, and I love the Frank Thomas "Chuck Hardy" feature as well. (i'm sure everyone is sick of hearing me run down the contents of the A-MAN books!!)

Of course, if you're not a "cracker", you'll never have the pleasure... poke2.gif

hello all...

I got to thinking about a phrase I heard on TV while my kids were watching the modern day Willy Wonka... I'll adjust it for this forumn...."they are printing more money every day, but they sure ain't making GA comics any more!"...

rick

hello all...

I got to thinking about a phrase I heard on TV while my kids were watching the modern day Willy Wonka... I'll adjust it for this forumn...."they are printing more money every day, but they sure ain't making GA comics any more!"...

rick

Hear Hear!!! And that group shot of yours has my head spinning. I am a piker compared to you my friend! hail.gifshy.gifthumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

groupr.jpg

hello all...

hope to update this group shot with an incoming All Star 3, an Adventure 40 and my Detective 27 (maybe by mid Feb, I can have a new shot).....and, if Adam will let me, I will sneak in a soon to be co owned Superman 1 smile.gif

rick

Holy *spoon*

What do you guys do for a living confused-smiley-013.gif

groupr.jpg

hello all...

rick

Holy *spoon*

You guys? I think Rick is just one guy! 27_laughing.gifpoke2.gif

groupr.jpg

hello all...

rick

Holy *spoon*

27_laughing.gif That applies for all of you. Everytime I come to check out the GA section I see some absoutely amazing books. Who has two Flash Comics 1?? Who has Action Comics 1?? Who has a group shot of Detective Comics?? You guys. Amazing. Is this the millionare section of the CGC boards

Oh and last question. Who has Dectective Comics 31??

Answer: All of you 27_laughing.gif

groupr.jpg

hello all...

rick

Holy *spoon*

27_laughing.gif That applies for all of you. Everytime I come to check out the GA section I see some absoutely amazing books. Who has two Flash Comics 1?? Who has Action Comics 1?? Who has a group shot of Detective Comics?? You guys. Amazing. Is this the millionare section of the CGC boards

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

That is too funny MK!!! Guilty as charged I guess for some of what you posted anyway! wink.gif Not the millionaire part for me though, although my compadres may qualify. I'm just a poor working stiff. frown.gif

groupr.jpg

hello all...

rick

Holy *spoon*

That is too funny MK!!! Guilty as charged I guess for some of what you posted anyway! wink.gif Not the millionaire part for me though, although my compadres may qualify. I'm just a poor working stiff. frown.gif

hail.gif

PS: I will like to join the Detective Comics 31 club so I will start saving my pennies. insane.gif

groupr.jpg

hello all...

rick

Holy *spoon*

hail.gif

PS: I will like to join the Detective Comics 31 club so I will start saving my pennies. insane.gif

Just let us know when you are ready and we will move heaven and earth to get you into one.

groupr.jpg

hello all...

rick

Holy *spoon*

hail.gif

Just let us know when you are ready and we will move heaven and earth to get you into one.

yay.gif

hello all...

my net worth is a wonderful wife, 4 great kids, and a couple of neat funny books!...but alas, may I ask who has the 8th ranked X-Men #1-300 set...huh? not I...poke2.gif

seriously, when you are ready for a tec 31, let me know (or any one on the board) and we will be happy to assist...

rick

Edited by Detective27kid

hello all...

my net worth is a wonderful wife, 4 great kids, and a couple of neat funny books!...but alas, may I ask who has the 8th ranked X-Men #1-300 set...huh? not I...poke2.gif

seriously, when you are ready for a tec 31, let me know (or any one on the board) and we will be happy to assist...

rick

Thanks, will do. I must let you know that you wil probably be on your 6th child by the time I contact you

hello all...

rick

Thanks, will do. I must let you know that you wil probably be on your 6th child by the time I contact you

hello all...

Goodness gracious, I hope not...we stopped at 4, years ago!...

RICK