• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,349 posts in this topic

Hey Rick, I'll let you know If I come across more duplicates. I just got rid of my extra #19 foreheadslap.gif

hello all...

most of the Funny Stuff just doesn't seem to be offered too much...

the only issue I have from 30-40 is #32...I pretty much have 1-13 (hopefully getting #2 from Weird Paper 893crossfingers-thumb.gif), and then it is just a smattering here and there, whenever I see them....I love the FS (my 4 year old and I read them together)...but, really tough to put a full run together...

rick

Ducks (mostly Barks) from the recently-acquired OO collection.

ducks1.jpg

cloud9.gif

This post just went on and on and on..

AWESOME! hail.gif

Never one to let a good thing end I figured I'd fish this thread out of the depths of page 3 on the thread list. For the last 5 years I have been working hard at putting together a Goldenage Spirit collection worthy of the title. It is still a work in progress but for now the numbers game is done. To date the collection represents 13 of the highest graded copies as well as 14 books from 7 different pedigrees. It isn't a run of Action comics but I hope you enjoy it all the same. grin.gif

DSCN1934.jpg

While I was at it I figured I'd take a picture with all the kids in it.

DSCN1979.jpg

As you can see I spent all of my money on comics and had nothing left for a good camera frown.gif

Never one to let a good thing end I figured I'd fish this thread out of the depths of page 3 on the thread list. For the last 5 years I have been working hard at putting together a Goldenage Spirit collection worthy of the title. It is still a work in progress but for now the numbers game is done. To date the collection represents 13 of the highest graded copies as well as 14 books from 7 different pedigrees. It isn't a run of Action comics but I hope you enjoy it all the same. grin.gif

DSCN1934.jpg

DSCN1979.jpg

As you can see I spent all of my money on comics and had nothing left for a good camera frown.gif

YOWZA!

DSCN1979.jpg

I think you spent your money "wisely"! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks guys,

I am glad you like it.

and Detective27kid, Yowza is a word I reserve for collections like yours.

Beautiful Spirit run! Congrats!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Rick - The funny stuff run is really tricky, they are never expnsive when they turn up, but they often are not available at all. I need four from the 30's to complete #18-45 or so. It must have been a low point, as Ian Needed several from the 30's in his last 75 books as well. I know CKB had a pair of #30's (The christmas cover) in his most recent sales thread, and that issue is TOUGH! He only wanted $8 or so for a VG so I would contact him. Its later in the run then you wanted, but its a nice christmas cover & a heck of a book to find.

DSCN1979.jpg

Nice!!!! But you've got to get those ugly Fantastics out of your beautiful Spirit collection! I've got an idea on how you can accomplish that. PM me for details.

Superb Spirit set, Chris - I really enjoy getting exposed to other folk's niche passions like this.

You realize with all those dupes that you qualify for a charter membership in the Greedy SOB club!

Hope to see those other Golden Agers at WonderCon in a few weeks...

STEVE

Nice!!!! But you've got to get those ugly Fantastics out of your beautiful Spirit collection! I've got an idea on how you can accomplish that. PM me for details.

Kinda funny Win...I was going to say exactly the same thing in reply to the photo, but you beat me to it!

Beautiful books, CW! hail.gif

You realize with all those dupes that you qualify for a charter membership in the Greedy SOB club!

Where do I get my membership card.

I used to own a lot more but I am trying to narrow down to pedi's and high grade. Any of you guys that make it to Wondercon stop by my booth and say hello, and thanks again for the kind words.

DSCN1934.jpg

DSCN1979.jpg

man, that was quite a spirit ual experience, i must say.

Thanks guys,

I am glad you like it.

and Detective27kid, Yowza is a word I reserve for collections like yours.

Fantastic set of books C-dub!!!

Beautiful Spirits and a nice mix of other titles, toss in a Fantastic #3 and a Detective 31 and MAN that is just fabulous!

Here is my recently updated "Baker's Dozen"

bakersdozen.jpg