• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,349 posts in this topic

I think Monk would force you to get rid of one. stooges.gif

I know, right! Now I have an excuse for buying two more. tongue.gif

Three more, if you arrange it right! wink.gif

I think Monk would force you to get rid of one. stooges.gif

I know, right! Now I have an excuse for buying two more. tongue.gif

Three more, if you arrange it right! wink.gif

Actually,If you arrange it really right then you'll need 4 more... smile.gif

bumpit.gif

Snapped this one today of my books with Cole covers...

colegroup-2.jpg

NICE BOOKS October!!

I have to say, I'm starting to really like some of the Cole books... always thought they were cool, but yesterday I pulled the trigger on a GUNS AGAINST GANGSTERS #6, with a lovely dame vs. monster shark cover!! It could be the coolest cover next to GHOSTLY WEIRD STORIES #123 (Thing in the Swamp)... hey, why didn't that one make the cut??

Man, and those logos and the typography are just stunning ... what are the interiors like on those? Do the stories live up to the covers??

Great collection... beautiful books, October...

893applaud-thumb.gif

NICE BOOKS October!!

I have to say, I'm starting to really like some of the Cole books... always thought they were cool, but yesterday I pulled the trigger on a GUNS AGAINST GANGSTERS #6, with a lovely dame vs. monster shark cover!! It could be the coolest cover next to GHOSTLY WEIRD STORIES #123 (Thing in the Swamp)... hey, why didn't that one make the cut??

Man, and those logos and the typography are just stunning ... what are the interiors like on those? Do the stories live up to the covers??

893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks. GWS 123 is on my list, just a matter of finding the right copy for the right price!

The logos on these are fantastic and really add to the cover's appeal, particularly on Blue Bolt 118 and Terrors of the Jungle 20. The interiors are, by and large, mediocre and consist of horror and jungle reprints. Jay Disbrow will sometimes have a decent interior story or two, but the main attraction on these is definitely the cover art.

If you ask I might just bring a couple to the gallery show on Sat, which I think Win and I will be able to attend! grin.gif (though not for sure yet) 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

NICE BOOKS October!!

893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks. GWS 123 is on my list, just a matter of finding the right copy for the right price!

The logos on these are fantastic and really add to the cover's appeal, particularly on Blue Bolt 118 and Terrors of the Jungle 20. The interiors are, by and large, mediocre and consist of horror and jungle reprints. Jay Disbrow will sometimes have a decent interior story or two, but the main attraction on these is definitely the cover art.

If you ask I might just bring a couple to the gallery show on Sat, which I think Win and I will be able to attend! grin.gif (though not for sure yet) 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

If you can make it, and you feel comfortable bringing a few nice examples, by all means, that would be amazing! But no pressure... I'll understand if you don't want to take these books out on a rainy or snowy night!!

I really enjoyed the panorama of art and color in that group shot, october....well done, sir! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

STEVE

Thanks. If there is one thing Cole excelled at, it was in picking out eye-catching palettes.

I really enjoyed the panorama of art and color in that group shot, october....well done, sir! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

STEVE

Thanks. If there is one thing Cole excelled at, it was in picking out eye-catching palettes.

Congrats October 893applaud-thumb.gif , colors look wonderful, it must be 893whatthe.gif to have them under your eyes

here be all 'dem usa's

usa.jpg

Great looking set! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I'm guessing that you don't like gaps in your runs. wink.gif