• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,349 posts in this topic

Before the group of us ventured to Geppi's Museum, Detective27kid, Ciorac and Bob Beerbohm came over to my house for a barbecue and a visit. I set out this display for them.

group1.jpg

UGGH!

[unbelievably gorgeous groupshot, huh?]

Hi guys:

I thought I would take out my collection today for an updated group shot.

groupshotof24.jpg

I remember when this group shot was only 2 comics deep...

congrats!

gator

In the "fresh pedigree" thread there's been some discussion of CGC vs. non-CGC recognized pedigrees. Here are some of my 'collection' books shot as a Group last month when I retrieved them from the vault.

Let's see, we have...Benny K's, S/black S, Simon Powell, a New Hampshire, Detroit Trolleys, Claire Moes, and an Indian Reservation:

000_0065.jpg

STEVE

And in this shot, more Benny K's, an Eldon, S/black S, more Trolleys, another New Hampshire, Claire Moes, Simon Powell, Indian Reservation, and ending with Reel Art books on the bottom line...enjoy!

000_0067.jpg

STEVE

And in this shot, more Benny K's, an Eldon, S/black S, more Trolleys, another New Hampshire, Claire Moes, Simon Powell, Indian Reservation, and ending with Reel Art books on the bottom line...enjoy!

000_0067.jpg

STEVE

hail.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Hi guys:

I thought I would take out my collection today for an updated group shot.

groupshotof24.jpg

I remember when this group shot was only 2 comics deep...

congrats!

gator

Thanks guys! cloud9.gif

<snip> and ending with Reel Art books on the bottom line...enjoy!

Astounding pics as usual. Could you tell us more about these Reel Art books? They seem to be from the time period I am most interested in. In fact, the first two on the left are part of my set. Thankfully, I already have a copy of each.

Could you tell us more about these Reel Art books? They seem to be from the time period I am most interested in. In fact, the first two on the left are part of my set. Thankfully, I already have a copy of each.

Don't know much about them - they appeared in several boxes at the Reel Art booth in San Diego one year, and I bought a handful. When I came back to get more of them later on in the Con, they were mostly gone.

The books are solid copies, averaging maybe FN+, present very well, and have nice paper. They had a large letters stamped on the covers like "B" or "M" or "D" or "E", which is their trademark.

STEVE

morefun5r.jpg

morefun5.jpg

morefun4.jpg

one of my favorite runs...issues 62,64 and 65 are in route to me, and once in hand, I will take a complete 52-67 shot...not as "nice" as coolj (with the 2 MH!) and mine are lower grade and some restored, but still, a great great run!

gator

morefun5r.jpg

morefun5.jpg

morefun4.jpg

one of my favorite runs...issues 62,64 and 65 are in route to me, and once in hand, I will take a complete 52-67 shot...not as "nice" as coolj (with the 2 MH!) and mine are lower grade and some restored, but still, a great great run!

gator

893whatthe.gifhail.gif

Great stuff Steve and Mike!!
Thanks Bill! Remember that #86 I'm glad I beat Steve to the punch. And It's the last war issue. It would be nice to finish the #65 and up run this year. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

morefun5r.jpg

morefun5.jpg

morefun4.jpg

gator

Wow Rick! hail.gif That is awsome! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Great stuff Steve and Mike!!
Thanks Bill! Remember that #86 I'm glad I beat Steve to the punch. And It's the last war issue. It would be nice to finish the #65 and up run this year. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I remember it well. thumbsup2.gif