• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,349 posts in this topic

Most Jaw Dropping book in the lot is that Tarzan.

Thanks for noticing! It is the Central Valley copy, and at present the book closest to my heart. Saw it at San Diego last year and was able to work out a very unreasonable price on it. But sometimes you just bite your lip and pay!

BTW...the other really cool book is the Silver Streak #1. It is the Pay Copy. Got it at the first Philly Wizard show from a guy walking around the room selling Golden Age. He was at my table buying a World's Finest #3 and said "I can't believe I am buying something. I actually came here to sell!" One thing led to another......

That's a beautiful copy -- you've always had great taste in books! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks! I think it is time to get together again and have another big viewing party. We could charge each other admission!

Sure. All it would cost is one book. devil.gif

I know the one I want. It might be close to even!

Got one that's right up your alley! thumbsup2.gif

SecretHearts49.jpg

singleseries20.jpg
This book is totally awsome! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks! What I really like is how CGC put "Tarzan" on the label. (Well no *spoon*) If it weren't for that I probably would have had no idea who the main character was. You really can't put too much info on those labels.

sign-funnypost.gif

Most Jaw Dropping book in the lot is that Tarzan.

Thanks for noticing! It is the Central Valley copy, and at present the book closest to my heart. Saw it at San Diego last year and was able to work out a very unreasonable price on it. But sometimes you just bite your lip and pay!

BTW...the other really cool book is the Silver Streak #1. It is the Pay Copy. Got it at the first Philly Wizard show from a guy walking around the room selling Golden Age. He was at my table buying a World's Finest #3 and said "I can't believe I am buying something. I actually came here to sell!" One thing led to another......

That's a beautiful copy -- you've always had great taste in books! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks! I think it is time to get together again and have another big viewing party. We could charge each other admission!

27_laughing.gif

Sure. All it would cost is one book. devil.gif

I know the one I want. It might be close to even!

Got one that's right up your alley! thumbsup2.gif

SecretHearts49.jpg

Very informative post Bill. Thanks for the insight.

Adam,

While I am a romantic sort, I was more thinking of something with Hitler on the cover. Maybe something that told his story. His real life, if you will.

singleseries20.jpg

Thanks! What I really like is how CGC put "Tarzan" on the label. (Well no *spoon*) If it weren't for that I probably would have had no idea who the main character was. You really can't put too much info on those labels.

Actually we put "Tarzan" on the label because the logo says "Tarzan" and we don't want people thinking the book is misidentified as a Single Series book.

West

singleseries20.jpg

Actually we put "Tarzan" on the label because the logo says "Tarzan" and we don't want people thinking the book is misidentified as a Single Series book.

West

Thanks West. I was kinda just poking fun, but I can see where someone might get confused.

singleseries20.jpg

West

Thanks West. I was kinda just poking fun, but I can see where someone might get confused.

Next time I'm going to put "Tarzan vs Lion with long tail" label comments. poke2.gif

West insane.gif

singleseries20.jpg

West

Next time I'm going to put "Tarzan vs Lion with long tail" label comments. poke2.gif

West insane.gif

27_laughing.gif

sacentaur: May I ask what Mylites/boards combo you used on those? They are beautiful ..

thumbsup2.gif

When I display a book it is inside a Golden Age mylar which is then placed into a Magazine sized mylar, with a Magazine sized acid free backing board for support. All supplies from Bill Cole thumbsup2.gif

STEVE

Halfway home to two Quality runs, issues 1-10:

100_2007.jpg

STEVE

Wow, you've been busy lately. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I'm amazed at the books, of course, but the camera shot looks great too -- no glare issues and your "glossinator" works through 2 layers of mylar. 893whatthe.gif