• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,349 posts in this topic

Tough act to follow ... Last week I mentioned that I wouldn't go and do another synchronic comic book collection ... yet, I'm crazy enough to try a synchronic pulp collection :insane:

Over the years I've picked up copies here and there of March 1942 pulps :D Here's a group shot of what I've got so far in two tiers for better view -

58649-GS-Part1.jpg.48be2771c136bcb93a69fe6170fcd418.jpg

58650-GS-Part2.jpg.72b8fe2c8677f9eed68d96e1d7a08ab4.jpg

Tough act to follow ... Last week I mentioned that I wouldn't go and do another synchronic comic book collection ... yet, I'm crazy enough to try a synchronic pulp collection :insane:

Over the years I've picked up copies here and there of March 1942 pulps :D Here's a group shot of what I've got so far in two tiers for better view -

Those look great! :applause:

How many pulps would a fella need to complete a March '42 set? Any idea?

Those look great! :applause:

How many pulps would a fella need to complete a March '42 set? Any idea?

You do know that's a dangerous question to ask ME!!

There were 148 pulp titles running then so that's a few more since some came out more than once a month: 164 pulps in total by my count. The shot has 33 pulps in it so I have a good start. :) So there were more pulps out than there were comics.

It'll do just fine! Those are some of the best pre-code sci-fi and horror issues! :applause:

Well it's certainly not on a par with many of the shots I've seen, but here are some cool sci-fi/horror books from the early 50's.

GAGroupShot1.jpg

(worship) awesome Group shot, and one you don't see that often, so piqued my interest (thumbs u