• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,349 posts in this topic

here is a group shot, I dare say you won't see very often... I mean, come on, 3 Mego Comic Action heroes in one location lol

keen3.jpg

Great copies!

Do you (or anyone) have a cover scan of #2? The scan at GCD is lousy -- over-expanded from a smaller size, possibly by me just to fill the hole.

Thanks,

Jack

here is a group shot, I dare say you won't see very often... I mean, come on, 3 Mego Comic Action heroes in one location lol

keen3.jpg

Great copies!

Do you (or anyone) have a cover scan of #2? The scan at GCD is lousy -- over-expanded from a smaller size, possibly by me just to fill the hole.

Thanks,

Jack

I can scan my cover...has a hole punch in it, but it is the only copy I have ever seen for sale, so I snagged it

who would I send it to?

rick

keen3.jpg

Great copies!

Thanks,

Jack

I can scan my cover...has a hole punch in it, but it is the only copy I have ever seen for sale, so I snagged it

who would I send it to?

rick

Post it here or email to me (PM is fine).

Min width 400 pixels. I'll be glad to crop, rotate, whatever, and upload.

(Then mail it to me so I can index it. :grin:)

Thanks!

Jack

Jack, how do you change that one since it's not been tagged as Needing Replacement?!?

Here's mine, if that helps:

keenkomics2.jpg

Great run, Rick. That #1 is downright impossible to find, and #2 is quite tricky.

Jack, how do you change that one since it's not been tagged as Needing Replacement?!?

Just send a message to the editors at gcd-errors@lists.comics.org

This is the info I usually include with the title and issue as subject line.

http://www.comics.org/details.lasso?id=294730 (that's the issue page url)

Keen Komics #v2#2

Can you mark the cover for upgrade?

They'll usually mark it within a day and let you know when it's ready.

Often within an hour for me because I'm special (that's pronounced, "a pest" :D)

Jack

keenkomics2.jpg

Great run, Rick. That #1 is downright impossible to find, and #2 is quite tricky.

No hole punch!

Now I'm torn. Who will be more ticked off if I don't use their scan?

Thanks to both of you!

Did we just see about half of all existing copies?

Jack

It's really hard to tick Rick or I off, unless you're bluechip.

I could probably manage it.

I think Rick's has better eye appeal overall, except for the hole punch, which may be too significant to overlook. Tough call.

You're a big help!

Looking at the scans side-by-side after cropping and a simple "color enhance" to even out the contrast, I think Rick wins because the scan he sent me off-list was so much bigger than it doesn't have any "crinkling" in the solid colors from compression. They're both a big improvement.

If I were any good with my "lite" Photoshop, I could probably patch his date with your scan. If anyone wants to try it for fun, I'll send the scans.

Thanks,

Jack

keenkomics2.jpg

be you tiff ol

I think Rick's has better eye appeal overall, except for the hole punch, which may be too significant to overlook. Tough call.

You're a big help!

Looking at the scans side-by-side after cropping and a simple "color enhance" to even out the contrast, I think Rick wins because the scan he sent me off-list was so much bigger than it doesn't have any "crinkling" in the solid colors from compression. They're both a big improvement.

If I were any good with my "lite" Photoshop, I could probably patch his date with your scan. If anyone wants to try it for fun, I'll send the scans.

Thanks,

Jack

I would go with Win's, because of the no hole punch...but, as you mention, if someone can superimpose the hole punch out, then you have the best of both worlds!

also, Win and I are eventually/likely to make a trade, that will have the Lloyd Jacquet Keen #1 in his collection, and maybe we can even get the Mad Ming Larson FP's reunited ... (thumbs U

You're a big help!

Thanks,

Jack

I would go with Win's, because of the no hole punch...but, as you mention, if someone can superimpose the hole punch out, then you have the best of both worlds!

I already uploaded Rick's because I liked the way the colors came out.

Image at GCD

If you've already looked at the page today, don't forget to "reload" or you'll see the old image.

Meanwhile, the editor that marked #2 for replacement also marked #1. Could one of you kind gents post or email a scan of the cover of #1? Again, 400 pixel minimum width.

Thanks again,

Jack

Meanwhile, the editor that marked #2 for replacement also marked #1. Could one of you kind gents post or email a scan of the cover of #1? Again, 400 pixel minimum width.

Here's mine, but it's an oversized book so I'm afraid the scanner cut off the edges.

keenkomics1.jpg